[39]

rachel's pov

"glad to have you back, miss alvarado." bella winks as i enter my office for what seems to be the first time in forever.

"page hemmings to my office." i say to bella before she returns to her desk.

in a matter of minutes, the blonde boy is waltzing through my glass doors.

"what's up rach?" he asks as he takes a seat in front of me.

"i want all the statistics on the alvarado x hood division." i say. "what's popular, what's not, and i also want to know who the hell was running my company while i was away?"

"that would be me." calum says, entering my office. "i didn't do much, just look over things, take notes of all your meetings, left all the big decisions for you."

"thank you." i smiled. "hemmings, the statistics, now."

"he's not yours to boss around, he's mine." calum intervenes. "...what she said, go."

"yes sir, i'll be back!" luke said, running out of my office.

"is there a reason you're in my office and not your own?" i ask the raven-haired CEO that sat before me.

"do you not want me here?" he asks.

"i'm not exactly at my best when i'm working, romantically speaking." i admit. "i don't know if this is news to you, but i'm a bit of a bitch."

"it's one of my favourite things about you." calum smiles, leaning over the front of my desk to kiss my forehead. "you don't take shit from anyone, and you shouldn't."

"thanks for the memo, cal." i laugh. "hey, wanna grab lunch with ana and ashton around one?"

"can't, sales meeting." he frowns. "rain check? maybe we can go just us? there's something i want to talk to you about anyways."

"sure, i'll just take luke with me." i laugh.

"are you trying to rob me of my best friend?" he asks.

"maybe i already have and you just haven't noticed." i counter. "tell luke to leave the file with bella, i've got an appointment in twenty minutes and have to drive."

"good luck, i love you." he kisses my cheek before he leaves.

"i love you too."

a/n; short filler ahhh!!!