[10]

rachel's pov

in my office, calum and i were sat down going over financial files, all of his from the past two years that his company's been running. we were searching for how things faltered for him, what went wrong to cause such a loss in money. thousands are nothing, but millions are. but then i found something, and now i had questions.

"calum, what type of business relationship do you have with the name krystals&diamonds?" i ask.

"we have business shares, why?" he asks.

"do remember a girl from high school named kate?" i ask. "an ex-girlfriend, perhaps?"

"how did you-"

"calum hood, you really are a fucking moron." i sighed. "that kate that i'm referencing, she's your age. she also happens to be my older sister! my god calum, you're in some real shit now."

"wait, kate is... oh fuck, how did i not realize this?" calum held his forehead. "so we went to high school together too? i mean, sure i have business with kate, but-"

"i figured it out calum, that's what you don't get." i sighed. "krystals&diamonds is a division under fallon cosmetics. they're stealing your funds until you're completely broke. throughout each month other than the first three, prices in stores for this brand have decreased and decreased. since they have the larger part of the share, you get less and less, meaning manufacturing funds rose and they extracted that money from you."

"i can terminate the contract." calum attempted to reassure me. "though if i do that-"

"you lose 17.4% of your prophets, a $250,000 loss all at once." i finish. "do you know how long it will take to regain those kinds of funds?"

"fuck, how did this happen?" calum sighed.

"because you trusted that bitch of a sister of mine." i rolled my eyes. "that, and it might be karma for kissing her sister, but whatever floats your boat bub."

"luke even said-"

"oh my god, that's it!" i jumped. "call luke. tell him to get his ass down to my office or i'll plot his assassination."

"that's dark, rachel, cold and dark." he said with a blank stare.

"haven't you learned your lesson already?" i asked him. "i have a reputation, hood, and i intend to keep it as it is."

"and what would that make my reputation out to be, miss alvarado?" he questioned.

"calum hood." i began. "a CEO of two years and a quarter with no mathematical sense whatsoever. a man of his word at that, in which he had the proper mindset to push any deal forward and succeed. a man with a kind heart and one of the most strategic business senses that i personally have ever encountered, but his snarks and smirks need to tone themselves down. shall i go on?"

"that was one hell of a reputation." calum laughed.

"more of a definition, perhaps, but i'd work on it if i were you." i said.

and suddenly, my office door burst open with an unbearable scene i was about to witness.

"the prettier one is here!" kate sung. "and who's this, little si- calum?"

"oh, hey kate." calum waved. "we were just, um-"

"just leaving." i tried getting us both out of this debacle.

"not anymore you're not." kate said as she closed the door. "we need to talk, all three of us."

for fucks sake...