[24]

rachel's pov

"...and with that being said, have a happy holidays everyone. we look forward to bring more to you this coming new year." and with that i stepped away from the podium. "hey luke, where's anastasia?"

"duty calls, she had to get down to the station." luke sighed in defeat. "that was impressive, way to keep it civil."

"i did most of the talking." i laughed. "tell me, how are numbers looking on calum's part, minus the lawsuit?"

"by the end of tonight, a revenue of 2.9% will have risen." luke says. "after a couple of days, products should be flying off the shelves of every store that you have shares with. that adds 17% to funds on his end."

"how much success would it be if it was close to doubled?" i asked. "let's say... instead of 17% that turned to 33%, just under the doubling mark."

"highly impressive, beneficial just in case we lose this lawsuit." luke nods. "but it's impossible."

"not when what the CEO says, goes." i wink. "once the statistics roll in, we'll sit down and move the money into the accounts."

"so now what?" luke asks. "you never stay for the after party, so what do you do? i don't want to stay here alone if cal's just going to hang back with mali and hazel."

"we can order mcdonald's and continue our disney marathon?" i suggest.

"you had me at maccas." luke laughed. "although i have a better idea than the movies..."

calum's pov

"she's leaving." mali points out as she exits the venue with luke. "man you fucked up. and she got stolen from you by hemmings!"

"i don't know about that." i shook my head. "he seems to be set on winning the heart of my lawyer."

"then why is he the one taking her home and not you." my sister points the pair out. "i know you calum, and opportunities like this, however you feel towards this girl, don't just come and go for you. fight for what's yours calum, do whatever most believe you cannot achieve."

"do you and hazel need a ride home?" i asked.

"i already got a car on your behalf." she laughed. "now, go get the girl, would you?"

i left the small venue and went back to my apartment. i figured that's where she and luke would be. when i arrived, the only thing that was there was a note with my name on it.

went to the ring. it's gonna rool! lol don't wait up i'm out with a friend. -lukeyyy :-)

great, he took her to the ring...