[29]

calum's pov

"no!" i lunged at the car, but was hauled back by the officers that were on site of the scene faster than one could have imagined.

"sir, we're going to need you to to step away from the accident immediately." one of the officers spoke.

"no!" i screamed as they pulled me back. "rachel! rachel!"

"sir, please!" a paramedic said to me. "we can't save your friend here if you don't move out of the way!"

i felt lost, completely and utterly lost. i stood and watched as they tore apart her car. i dropped onto my knees, i straight line playing on my lips as tears began to flow freely. they broke her out of her car and practically threw her into the ambulance. i followed behind it immediately. i also immediately called luke, i didn't know what else to do.

"l-luke?" i sobbed.

"hey cal." he said calmly. "is everything alright?"

"n-no." i sobbed even more. "g-get to th-the hospital. th-there's been a-an accident."

he arrived minutes after i did.

"mate, you look like a mess." luke rushes over to me. "the fuck happened? are you okay? where's rachel? weren't you guys heading over to her dad's?"

i began to cry even harder.

"call bella, anastasia, ashton, michael, and crystal." i managed to say clearly. "t-they need to b-be here."

luke called them, and they were there within the hour. we waited and waited on updates for rachel. and that was when her disorientated family showed up. i had thankfully calmed down by then.

"calum!" i heard kate call for me. "what the hell are you doing here?"

i couldn't speak.

"why are you here?" bella snapped. "god knows you were only dragged here because of your father, who i highly respect. hey mister a."

"hi bella." mr alvarado spoke quietly. "luke, ashton, michael, calum, a word?"

we followed him into a separate corner of the large waiting area, leaving bella, anastasia, and crystal to occupy jessica and kate.

"we need to talk, take a seat." he said, gesturing to the chairs in place.

this was going to be interesting...

rachel's pov

still, time stood still. that's how it felt once i crashed. everything just stopped, but it was different. because once the flashes stopped, once i completed viewing the skyline of things, i was suddenly stood in the middle of what was going on outside my hospital room. they couldn't see nor hear me, but i could see and hear them. first my attention was focused on the girls.

"it's a shame rachella was in such a horrible accident." jessica exaggerates.

"bullshit, we all know you hate rachel, so give it up." bella rolled her eyes. "you're no better, kate."

"what do you know, isabella?" kate snapped.

"everything!" bella snapped. "more than you do! you're a fucking shit sister if you ask me."

"i swear to god-"

"there's a lawyer standing right here, and today i'm feeling biased." anastasia glared. "jessica, what do you mean by the accident being such a shame?"

"from what i've heard, rachella was crashed into." jessica sighed dramatically.

"it's rachel, you twisted bitch." crystal snapped.

"the only person who would know that would be calum, and he's a wreck considering the trauma he's faced with." anastasia sighed. "the only way you would know that would be because of one of two things. one, you were there, in which you weren't. or two, you planned this, to kill the daughter of your husband. tell us jessica, just what were you thinking?"

i fucking knew it.

but i also knew i wouldn't remember this once i woke up...