[40]

rachel's pov

"you know." calum begun. "in the past few years of my life, never would i have thought that i would be where i am right now."

"oh yeah?" i questioned. "and why would that be, hood?"

"i'm not a perfect guy, i fuck things up a lot." he said. "i've hurt you more times than i can count, and it's the last thing i ever want to do, yet i've done it one too many times already."

"what's your point, hood." i rolled my eyes with a smile.

"i couldn't be more lucky to have met someone as amazing as you, and the fact that you've kept me around for as long as you have is what bewilders me even more, so thank you." he smiles. "to one year of us."

"to one year of us." i grin, clinking our glasses together. "cal, why are we here, alone?"

"because i wanted to do something special for you." he said, making his puppy dog eyes.

"for the last time, i don't need special." i laugh. "you choose what you'd rather do. meet up with the squad at the bar, or stay here alone. whatever you want."

"our friends can wait a night to see us, i have some surprises planned for you, love."

~

"caluuuum." i laughed. "get ashton's damn bandanna off of my face!"

"not yet!" he laughed. "just a little further."

"cal, i can smell ashton's cashmere candle, why are we in my apartment with me blindfolded?" i ask.

"just— okay, when i say okay, just take off the blindfold, alright?"

"mhmm." i hummed.

i heard some more shuffling before i heard the door again and some very soft footsteps, and now i was nervous as fuck.

what the hell was happening?

"okay, you can take it off now."

i slowly removed the red bandanna from my face, only to reveal calum standing in front of me, rocking back and forth on his feet while all of our friends were stood behind him. the room was lit with tons of candles, courtesy of ashton for sure, he loves those damn things. in calum's hand was that same rose gold rose that he gave to me just over a year ago when he first attempted to try and claim me as his. boy have we both come a long way...

"hey guys." i laughed nervously. "what's going on?"

"this is really cheesy, forgive me because this whole thing was both luke and bella's idea." calum shook his head.

"in my defence, nacho cheese is great."

"SHUT UP LUKE!"

"fine." the blonde huffed. "continue."

"anyway." calum blinked a few times before continuing. "in the time that i've gotten to know you, rachel, i've grown to learn that you're stubborn as hell and will stop at nothing until you get what you want. you're a fighter, and you won't ever give up, hence your stubborn aspects. with every perfection and every flaw, i love you. even in a near death experience, i couldn't bring myself to ever be able to think about having to let you go like that. i also know that these feelings of mine are never going to change."

"calum." i said hesitantly. "you're scaring me, what's going on?"

"rachel?" he says, kneeling down onto one knee.

"holy fucking shit."

"hey, don't swear!" ashton giggles. "oops."

"rachel alvarado, i wasn't ever able to think about letting you go simply because i love you too much to let you slip away so easily. we've been through so much, gone to hell and back and still found out way back to each other. so, rachel, will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?"

"you went through all of this, just to ask me to marry you?" i questioned. "before i answer, how long did michael know and how long did he actually keep this a secret?"

"two weeks, for both!" michael claps. "i know guys, be proud, i kept my mouth shut."

"cal, look at me." i smiled, his face nervous as hell. "do you love me?"

"yes." he smiles nervously.

"then you have your answer." i smile and press my lips against his. "because if you know me well enough, i like winning, which can only mean i love you twice as much as you could love me. so yes, you dumb idiot, i will marry you."

"BITCHES WE'RE HAVING A WEDDING!" michael and crystal yell as they pop he champagne bottles and spray them everywhere.

calum slips the gorgeous ring onto my finger, and everything in the world feels right.