[22]

calum's pov

"fucking hell." i groaned when i sat up.

next to my bed was a glass of water and two aspirin, which i immediately took for the pain in my head. i got up, still in my clothes from the night before, and changed into sweats and a t-shirt before entering the kitchen.

"well aren't you having a party." luke chuckled. "too bad rachel couldn't stay for this."

now i remember why i was a pissed-off drunk last night.

"you're a fucking asshole, you know that?" i snapped as i sat down.

"me?" luke questioned. "i don't know what i did to you mate, but i sure as hell didn't make out with another chick in front of my girlfriend! seriously mate, fuck off, you're horrible when you have a hangover. all i did was fucking be there for one of my best friends that you had the common decency to hurt! and let me tell you, with rachel's past, she doesn't do getting hurt."

throwing on a black blazer atop of his jeans and black dress-shirt, luke grabbed his briefcase and and his keys, beginning to tie his shoes up.

"i'm heading into the office." luke sighed. "if she cracks, you're done for. don't be a hungover brat about this."

what have i done?

~

i got to rachel's office building by ten that morning. when i arrived in the lobby, it was silent per usual. when i got to the top floor, damn was it fucking loud, especially for a guy with a light hangover. i slowly approached rachel's office, to where i peeked through the crack of her doors opening and saw a disaster. papers and books all over the floor, shattered glass in a corner, knocked over pieces of furniture. either her office had been raided or she had one hell of a way of dealing with her anger.

"you know, usually this room would be torn to shreds right now." the memory of her words lingered through my mind.

definitely not a raided office, because when i stepped inside, there stood my partner of a CEO that held a plastic rose gold rose in her right hand, an empty glass in the other.

"either you walk out of here and fetch bella to get my pills or i whip this glass at your head." rachel fumed.

"bella!" i called. "rachel needs her pills!"

"fuck you, calum!" bella called as she flew past me.

either word spreads like rapid fire or i really messed things up, big time.