[6]

calum's pov

luke hemmings just had a plan that worked, and it wasn't one that involves math or the actual factor of work. i'm impressed with this tall-ass giraffe. i just sat down at the table with luke, rachel, and rachel's friends. rachel was a very different person when outside of work. for one thing, with the way she dressed, you wouldn't recognize her if you'd only met her once.

 for one thing, with the way she dressed, you wouldn't recognize her if you'd only met her once

black skinny jeans, sweatshirts, and vans, and to think those were mine and luke's thing. another thing about rachel, she didn't act they way she did at work whatsoever. she reminded me of one of those senior girls in high school that everyone actually had respect for, because she wasn't a stuck up bitch like most were.

"honestly, crystal, how do you live with these two?" rachel laughed.

"it's a gift, i know." crystal sighs.

"honestly, ash, just move into my guest room already." rachel sighed. "you know i have the room."

"no!" michael whined. "i love my ashikens!"

"what the actual fuck?" the girls all said at the same time.

"mashton is life, i called it!" bella raises her arms into the air.

"i second that, and i just met you guys." luke laughed, popping a nacho into his mouth. "hey guys, wanna hear a joke?"

"not the joke." i sighed, bowing my head into my arms on the table.

"go for it man, better than watching mashton evolve any further." crystal sighed.

"what's a cheese that you can't have, wait, what's a cheese that's not yours?" luke asks. "nacho cheese."

"smooth lucas, real smooth." i rolled my eyes.

"jeez mate, lighten up or go home!" luke laughs. "and my name's not lucas! besides, i'm lucky i even got you here, let alone to start your second beer. nacho cheese is all i have. and my name's not lucas!"

"it's okay luke, you still have this loser for a boss." rachel smirked, leaning back in her chair.

"and poor bella has you, such a shame." i shot back.

"i can tear the contract up in a mere second, hood, so i'd watch that mouth of yours if you know what's good for you." she glared, her phone then beginning to ring. "oh for fucks sake; —what do you want now? what? fuck, okay, i'm on my way, this better be important. mhm, bye; —alright, and that's my cue everyone. it's been fun entertaining you all, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

"don't stress babe, you've got this." crystal smiled.

"ashton, i want at least one bag in that guest room by the end of the night!" she pointed at the curly haired boy.

"later guys!" rachel called, making her way downstairs.

"later, rach!" they all called almost on cue.

"i'm-uh- i'm gonna get going too." i said once rachel disappeared from the staircase. "it was nice meeting you all, see ya luke."

and as i rushed down the stairs, i heard luke say to the group; "he's going after her, he's fucking whipped."

damn you luke, you and your fucking nacho cheese...