3

Ivy

What lie in the world could I possibly tell my parents to make them let Trevor stay?

Why can't I think of anything?

I should have just thought of a back up plan Incase things went sideways, only, this was not sideways- it was bound to 'fucking' happen and I should have thought of a way to introduce him to my parents.

"We're waiting." My dad's voice boomed its way into my head, making Trevor come back into reality as he focused on the scene Infront of him.

"Um... Trevor, meet my mom and dad." I introduced awkwardly.

"Sup." Trevor greeted making me turn my head to his direction, giving him a look that screamed seriously?

He was not going to make this easier for me and I could feel it all coming. The shouts, the reprimanding, the surprise... I could feel all of it. I gulped, turning back to my parent's questioning gazes.

Slapping a smile on my face, I continued the introduction.

"Mom, Dad, meet- Trevor- my, um... He's my," My dad's eyes told me not to go there, it told me things that I never knew the eyes could tell... my Mom, well, she looked sort of curious. My heart was pounding, yes pounding like a damn hammer kept hitting it like a whip to a horse's butt! oh screw this. "Boyfriend..."

A moment of silence past between the four of us in the room, my mom's face was that of shock and my dad, let's just say he looked kind of pissed, I'll probably delete the kind of- he looked pissed.

"Your what?" My mom asked.

I took in a deep breath, trying to calm my crazy heart from beating so fast in fear.

"Boyfriend... Uh, yeah- he just officially became my boyfriend... Well, we were- we were cyber dating."

"Cyber dating?" Trevor whispered from beside me.

"Cyber dating?" My dad's voice also resembled his... it was almost like he was testing the word.

Where did that lie come from? Out of all lies, all the freaking lies in the whole world... The only thing I could come up with was Cyber dating?!

"Yes... We were dating online... He used to live very far away."

Another moment of silence.

"Okay... Then what's he doing here?" My mom butted in.

"No, we shouldn't be addressing that now, honey, they were cyber dating... You know what that means."

My mom sighed, taking a short glance at my dad. "She's eighteen, Cullen."

"Still-"

"What's he doing here, Ivy?" My mom asked, her voice softer. "You can't bring boys to the house, number one rule." She said, cutting my Dad off.

I sighed trying to make the most saddest face I could come up with. "I know, but... You see... Just last night, Trevor informed me that something terrible had happened... He- he lost his parents in a fire, and not just a fire in anywhere... In his own house... There was a fire and his parents didn't make it out, they burnt down with the house, no trace of body or- or anything..." I lied, watching my parents face grow from angry to sorry.