31

Ethan

I paid no attention to the music or the people around me. I just stood at the other side of Janie's home, with a bottle of beer on my grip as I stared towards Ivy's direction.

I watched how easily she conversed with Janie, Fiona and some girls around them. I guess they were all arguing about something, apparently, cause Ivy looked so into it.

With another swig of my beer, I shifted my position, but my eyes didn't shift from Ivy.

Her hair bobbed with her head as she talked, she finally let them rest on her shoulders, probably because I made it my new mission to call her PT any chance I got.

Unintentionally, I smiled to myself.

She was different indeed, nothing like the girls from my Inc. she was innocent, intelligent and dare I say, too cute for her own good.

The mission was to be her boyfriend, honestly it was crazy at first but the idea just got to me, and ever since I used LT wipe on her, I'd never been able to fight off the guilt, if I had known she'd still find out even after I used it on her, I wouldn't have even called Fiona.

Ivy was as smart as she was gullible, but that was who she was... I wouldn't try to change her, I'd just keep my eyes on her, always.

Protecting her came first and honestly, that was Fiona's job but I just- I felt the need to shield her from the prying eyes of Caramel who in turn, was always watching.

Two years ago, I wasn't able to stop the Facility from taking Lacy, the only girl I'd ever actually dated and cared for. After they took her, I didn't even dare to put anyone in her place cause I was scared, I was scared they'd get hurt and I wouldn't be able to protect them just like I wasn't able to protect Lacy.

She was counting on me, but I failed her, I hurt her and I left her. Why? Because I was a coward, I was a freaking coward. I just stood there and did nothing.

They took her and I watched.

I guess I felt the urge to protect Ivy because I didn't want her to get hurt like Lacy did.

Ivy was too innocent for my Inc's business. She had no idea what the Inc is all about and how strict they were with the code breaking thing.

If they knew that Ivy Fisher knows about me being human or even my real name, they'd kill her. It was certain.

It wasn't the first time it had happened, and something told me it wouldn't be the last.

Now all I had to do was trust her.

I believed her and I held on to her promise.

That might be a mistake, but she deserved the benefit of the doubt so...

I took another swig of my beer.

She was definitely pretty with her hair down, that was a fact. But I still preferred the ponytail cause it just had a way of popping out her beauty.

I know, most guys just have that hair down fetish... I did too, but in Ivy Fisher's case, it was different.

Both hairstyles suited her.

Wait wait- how did my thoughts go from Lacy to Ivy's hair? Why the hell am I even thinking of Ivy's hair?

I shook my head off the thoughts, feeling so stupid.

When was the last time I spent most of my time thinking of a girl's hair? I mean, I don't even do that.

As weird as it might sound, Ivy Fisher was growing on me... Sometimes, I'd stare at her without even noticing I was staring. There was just this peaceful and Interesting aura to her that got me.