40A

Roman

As epic as today was, I never want to ever experience it, ever again. I threw my bag high up into my room first, before climbing up the escape ladder so I could get into my house without anyone noticing. The last thing I wanted was my mom finding out that I sneaked out.

That was Kyles' move, not mine.

I lifted myself, and slipped into my room through the window.

Well at least, my first time sneaking out of the house wasn't a total failure.

I managed to find my way to the other side of the room to switch on the light, because it was dark.

I wonder how Ivy's doing? She had been so worried about Ethans' reaction. But honestly, I knew he wouldn't be so angry to the extent that he'd hate her.

Although, he never once said a word to me, but the look in his eyes told me we had a lot to discuss, and it wouldn't be a friendly one.

My fingers looked for the switch on the wall, and finally, I felt it, then switched on the light. Immediately I did, I knew there was someone else in the room with me.

Probably my Mom? My Dad or Kyle... Either way, I dreaded looking backwards because when it comes to explaining myself, I suck.

"Late night outing?"

My brows etched low in a frown. What?

I turned immediately, finding Fiona sitting crossed legs at the edge of my bed, taking a bite from my moms' infamous red fresh apples she never ran out of.

My eyes widened in shock, as questions  began to pop everywhere in my head. "F-Fiona?"

Her lips kicked up in a corner as she chewed. It was an action that didn't seem to do well with her persona.

"Hi Roman." She said after swallowing. "I hope you don't mind." She gestured to the Apple. "I raided your fridge. And those apples seemed to be the first thing to catch my attention. They're really... Delicious."

I stood there, adorned with the costume Ivy made me wear, and I was just imagining how ridiculous I looked to her. But that wasn't the case right now.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I asked, confusion blessing every word that dropped out of my mouth.

She shrugged. "Same way you did just now." She said like it was no big deal.

I shook my head. "How? You- you used the ladder?"

She nodded.

"How?"

A smile grew on her lips. "I grew up with boys, and most times, we play dangerous games at night. Climbing up a ladder is like a normal thing where I grew up... Trust me, I didn't break a sweat."

This still wasn't making any sense.

She uncrossed her legs, stood up, and walked over to my table, dropping the apple on a small plate, before turning towards me.