91

Ivy

I stood there, unable to decide on which definition I could give to what my eyes currently beheld, or what emotions I had to settle for, seeing as I was confused, amazed, scared-- no- not scared, terrified.

I knew it was him, I watched as Rider shrinked in his grip, almost like he was sucking up all of his energy, his life. The light from Ethan's fingers only grew brighter by the second.

I couldn't even find words at that moment. They seemed to have failed me. Looking around the area, I could see several limp bodies around, probably the ones who had tried to stop him from coming to find me.

My heart dropped in disapproval.

I guess I had momentarily forgotten who these people were, and what life meant to them.

They killed without conscience, and it didn't sit right with me, especially not when Ethan was doing the same thing.

"Ethan?" My voice came out quiet, unable to hide the fear that flowed through my veins, from my voice.

I get it that he was trying to help me but-- killing to do so, that's-- that's not right? Even if they were the bad guys.

He turned towards me, his eyes also wide with what I could place as confusion. "Ivy."

I gulped down as my gaze settled on his glowing eyes, so bright and blue.

My heart hammered against my chest as I tried to piece all this together. He had powers? But I thought-

He blinked, and just like always, his eyes were back to the their normal emerald green. The glowing from his hand fading away.

He shook his head, almost like he was trying to clear his thoughts, then he looked around him, as if just realizing where he was.

Realization met with his eyes as his gaze met mine again. "Ponytail." Relief flooded through his whole features as he rushed to me, pulling my body into his warm familiar one. "Thank Goodness you're okay, you don't know how worried I was about-"

I pulled away, stopping him. "What was that? What is this? What happened here... Why-- why did you hu-"

"Not here." He said as my eyes searched his.

"No Eth-"

"The Inc cops are gonna storm this place any minute now. I'd prefer they don't find us here... Go out, I'll find the others."

I furrowed my brows. "The others? Et-"

"Ivy, we'll talk about it later, now, we gotta get moving."

I fought really hard to stop the glare from forming on my face, as I brushed by him, towards the entrance.

* * *

Even as he dropped the warm tea in front of me, I allowed the silence stretch on.

We were back at his house, not before making sure Fiona, Roman, Caramel and Ralph were out of arms way from the Inc cops.

I can't believe it... What they did, the number of people they killed? Was this how it worked? Did they train them to fight and kill? Did they find pleasure in doing it? How could they even live with themselves after-

"You know we had to, right?"

My gaze snapped to his, causing him to take a small step back.

"You had to?"