96

Vote and Comment:) 

Ivy

The nervousness running through my veins, I was sure reflected on my face. Fearless, that's what I always chanted; but my hands were shaking, my heart running ahead of my thoughts, flipping from time to time. I had been training with Ethan, one would think I was prepared for today, but I wasn't. I wasn't ready to hurt people or to let anyone hurt me, I wasn't ready to aim my gun or dagger at anyone, I wasn't ready for what I knew quite well as the inevitable. but this is it, one of the reasons why I had decided to come here, one of the reason's why I even decided to stay. This is the fight I had always wanted, the fight I had always strived to reach and get over with. 

I picked up the Scottish dirk, and the Royal blazer,  ignoring the way they felt unfamiliar on my grip. It was a huge contrast to what I felt, when I first selected the weapons. There had been so much hate in me, so much hate that I forgot taking a life was harder than it was when watching it happen. But-- was I even ready, if it comes to worse, was I ready to pull the trigger? To aim the dagger? Was I?

I let out a deep breath, trying to calm myself, to remind myself that this was for everyone's freedom, this was the path I chose. I wasn't going to let the deaths of my parents be in vain, neither would I let Roman's predicament go unpunished. This was for everyone I love. 

"Hey, you ready?" 

I turned sharply to the entrance of my apartment, where I could hear several voices from the long hallway, where people who volunteered to join us, assembled. 

Probably noticing the hesitance in my voice and the nervousness in my face, Ethan's brows came together. "Are you okay?" he asked, coming into the room so he could be closer to me, which I realised I appreciated and needed. 

"Yeah, just a bit green" 

"You're nervous." he noted. 

I nodded. "Who wouldn't be? Everyone out there is believing in me and I'm in here, trying to believe in myself, trying to be ready for this. I don't even know what we're walking into, all I know is we have to walk into it to be free."

"Are you having second thoughts?" 

I shook my head. "No, God no, Ethan. that's not the case at all. I just don't know if I can do this, if I'm ready to even do this." 

He took my hand in his. "You can do this, Ivy. It's pretty normal to feel this way. I still feel nervous too, but I'm confident." 

"Because you know you can't die?" 

"Because I know we have good intentions, because I know we're the good guys, and because I believe in this. Yes, we might lose some people, but it is for a good cause, always remember that." 

I sighed. "What if I mess up?" 

He held my shoulder now, looking right into my eyes. "You won't mess up, okay? You would be by my side the whole time, and if someone aims a gun at you, make sure you shoot first, if its a fist, make sure you hit first... got it?" 

I nodded. 

"I love you, Ivy. and I trust we're going to get out of this, okay?" 

I inhaled, feeling a little relieved. He was here, we were doing this together, fighting side by side, for our freedom. Freedom... "Okay, lets do this." 

* * *

"Okay, just like we planned," Ethan spoke in a low tone of voice to the little crowd separated in groups. "We get them surrounded, we block all exit, eliminate anyone who gets in your way, and stop any officials coming into the 13th floor, we need it clear and safe to be able to get the item without any one standing in our way. We have just thirty minutes before the officials call in the backups from the Futures sector, got it?" Following his instructions, were nods of understanding and response here and there.