53

Thanks for your patience. And thanks to everyone who genuinely love this book from the bottom of their hearts, I just wish you all were more active with the voting and comments section, it would have been awesome, cause that's the only thing capable of bringing more updates, as I love to read comments, and when I don't see comments, I just don't update cause I got no feedback and I don't know what you guys want. Anyway, thanks to those who comment and vote, you guys are the best. hope you enjoy this update.

Giving a shout out to the first commenter in the next chapter.

You may continue...

53
Ethan's pov

   My fist collided with the punching bag, hard and fast, as flashes of our last moments on the outside replayed over and over in my head, flashes of Ivy's tear swollen eyes the last time we spoke, flashes of her face this morning. It was no surprise that I could see behind her new look. I felt even more responsible for it, and you know what ate me the most? It was the fact that I felt useless, there was absolutely nothing I could do to make her feel better, there was nothing I could do to bring them back.

I've never felt this useless all my life. Ever.

Thats exactly why I need to get away, from here, from everything and from everyone. I wasn't doing them any good, my presence causes pain to people I care about. I should have known this would happen to Ivy the moment I steped into her life.

I'm done, done with hurting the people I love, done with being a burden to everyone and ruining every damn thing I touch.

The door to the training room pushed open. That didn't stop me from hitting the punching bag, imagining the face of the very woman who started this shit. Who has done nothing but to make every single second of my life miserable.

I looked up for a second, to see who the intruder was.

Edith strolled into the training room, her eyes on me. The look on them giving me a hint of why she was here.

She stood right between me and the punching bag, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is this you training for your mission, or you trying to torture the poor punching bag for something that it didn't do?"

"Leave me alone." Was all I could mutter.

"That's definitely something I'm not gonna do. Dad told me about your stupid decision to go after the Inc lords."

"Yeah so?"

"If you're going, I'm going." She said.

I stopped my movement, holding the punching bag in place. "What?"

"You heard me Ethan. I know you're only going after them to get yourself killed, I'm gonna go to make sure you don't try to get yourself killed."

"No, you're not." I deadpanned.

"Yes, I am."