64

Ivy

I should tell him.

Maybe Roman was right, maybe keeping it from him wasn't the brightest decision. But then again, telling him meant reopening old wounds for him, and not in a good way because somehow, deep down I knew he'd doubt it. I mean this is Glory we're talking about. She might not have a hold on him, but she was like a mother to him... She is his mother... Legally.

There must be another way to break this to him. A calmer way.

I just have to think of it. Find the prove and then lay it all out to him. For now, I'll protect him... Protect him from the truth because I love him and I don't want to see him broken again, because this time, this time I feel like he'd be broken beyond repair.

Everything was set up... The fire, his separation from his real family, it was all set up... Why? Because for some sick, unknown reason, Glory wanted him.

There's no way he won't go ahead thinking it was all his fault.

I bit my lower lip, looking up at the white light in the bathroom.

I don't know for how long I've been sitting here, but I just wanted to be alone, my brain wasn't ready to take on the history of the very place I was trying to bring to the ground.

Hiding in the bathroom seemed like a great idea, well, not until I heard the door push open, followed by the bustle of voices... Girls, they were giggling above eachothers voices.

I closed my eyes trying to ignore it, seeing as I would prefer no one knew I was here. The last thing I wanted was another rumor about the human girl who has a toilet fetish.

"Did you see? He looked at me!" One of the girls gushed, her voice was a little bit tiny and annoying if you had to listen to it on repeat.

So they also do this at Inc high? Talk about boys in bathrooms?

"Oh please Korah, I'm pretty sure he looked right through you... Ethan Murray doesn't stare." Another cool voice cut in.

At the mention of his name, my heart almost left my chest. Why are they talking about my boyfriend? My interest in their conversation, doubled.

"Whatever, I'm still going to put extra efforts in what I wear... He must notice me." Korah spoke.

"You girls are dreamers. Can't you see? Ethan doesn't go for girls like us... Girls like Michelle are more of his type." This time I froze, plainly because of two things. One, the voice was utterly familiar, and Two, Michelle?

"You're right... But- he's dating that ugly Outsider girl right?" Korah asked.

"He is, but I don't think he likes her, he's probably still with her because he pities her. I mean after what happened to her- damn. Anyways, she's so not his type, so I'm giving them two weeks top." The other voice I couldn't recognize, spoke out.

I blinked. Are they seriously dictating my relationship with Ethan?

"Me too. She's so ugly and fat! Have you seen her cheeks? Her cheek bones are buried right into her fat cheek. Her skin is so pale and ugly and God, don't even get me started on that awful looking hair, and her short fat leg-"

"Korah! Now you're exaggerating. She's so not fat. I think she's pretty, but- not the kind Ethan would go for." The familiar voice spoke again.

I swallowed.