36

Ivy

I pulled Fiona into my room, bolting the door behind us. "I'm so sorry you had to see that." I rushed out, feeling my cheeks heat up like a boiling kettle. "It was- it wasn't planned."

A sly grin pulled at her lips, but confusion laced her brows. "So, what? You and Trevor make plans to kiss in parking spaces?"

My eyes widened instantly. "No, that wasn't what I meant, Fiona. I just- well, I don't have an explanation." I breathe out.

"Yeah? That's cause you shouldn't? Trevor's your boyfriend... You can kiss each other whenever and wherever... It's not a crime." She said, as she began to walk around my room, almost like she was admiring it.

I swallowed. "Yeah, you're right." I muttered, "I'm sorry, I just haven't really been in that position before."

Her eyes landed back on mine. "It's cool." Her smile widened. "Nice bedroom by the way, It's all pinky and girly like. I've never seen anything like it."

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

She gave a small smile. "You might find this odd, but I wasn't really born with a silver spoon like every other kid in ICHS."

My brows pulled up slowly. "Oh..."

She shrugged. "Yeah, but it's no big deal... That was before, now my parents are well to do. My Dad got this amazing job, and we moved here."

"I'm glad to hear that." I smiled. "Well, for what it's worth, you're welcome here anytime... I'm mostly home alone." I told her.

She cocked a brow. "That wasn't the case today."

Heat rushed up my neck and ears. "Seriously? You just had to bring it up." I muttered, embarrassed.

She chuckled. "I can't help it... It's not everyday you see your best fr-" she froze. "I mean, um-" her face lost all trace of colours.

A smile pulled up against my lips. "You consider me your best friend?"

She looked taken aback. "What?" She asked sharply.

"You wanted to say best friend just now... But you stopped yourself... I'm guessing you feel too forward?"

She still looked confused for some seconds before realization dawned on her facial features. "Oh... Yeah... Um, yeah. I was totally calling you my best friend."

"Relax Fiona... It's fine."

"Really?" She asked, her eyes circling open in shock.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p' "You're a really cool person and I love hanging out with you, so... Why not?"

A strained smile pulled across her lips, but I ignored it, pulling her in for a hug.

She stiffened for a second, before giving in. "This actually feels nice." She said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what can I say? These hugs are only reserved for special people."