27

Ivy

I was pretty sure my ears had deceived me. Did I just hear Trevor right? Am I currently standing on the grounds of his Inc?

Of course I am... I mean, how else do I explain the sudden shift of weather, the bright skies and beautiful people? I mean... It was right in front of me.

"Your Inc?" I found my voice after some time. My heart was giving an unsteady thump in my chest, it made goosebumps rise above my skin.

"Yup. Like I said, we're at the purest sector, the safest parts of my Inc. and also the less scariest. People here are irritatingly too kind." He muttered.

I blinked, watching the lively surroundings, the little children, the cars and the bikes, the stores and the companies, the houses and the street lights. The pattern of the beautiful streets.

"Wow... This is um... Not what I was expecting." I croaked out, looking up at him.

A smile painted the corner of his lips. "Definitely haven't seen this side of the city huh?"

"Yeah, definitely. I never imagined you'd bring me here. I mean, after all you've said about how dangerous your Inc is, and how you don't want me to get involved in all of this."

His smile faded slowly as he took in a deep breath. "I didn't want to bring you here Ivy, but I had to. Bringing you here is better than you sneaking up on me when I'm not looking."

My heart jumped against my chest as I gulped. "What do you mean by that?" I asked quickly.

Does he know? Does he know what Roman and I are planning?

He shrugged. "I'm just saying Ivy. Besides, it's something I know you're capable of."

I relaxed.

"Anyway, like I said. I want to be able to protect you Ivy. I'm responsible for your safety in all this. You've gone too deep into the Inc's business. You know too much and I don't want to have to use LT wipe on you, ever again, that's why I need your trust." He pleaded with his words and his eyes.

He needed my trust? Which means I wouldn't be able to tell anyone about this? Damn it! His Inc was running an illegal business, something that may or may not be legalized by the governmental authority. How was I supposed to keep this secret?

As long as the Inc isn't known to humans, it remains a big threat to earth and everything in it.

If everyone here had a chip in them, what would happen if it all turned red? It would be the ideal robot apocalypse.

"Can I trust you? Can I trust you not to tell anyone about this?"

"Not even Roman?" I asked.

"Not even Roman." He repeated.

I bit my lower lip looking around. They were all once human like me, they are all humans, but with a higher advantage than normal humans on the outside. They all had a past, a past they've forgotten, a past they were made to forget.

They could still be saved, they could still be protected and brought out of this hell hole.

All they need is someone to make them see the truth about their Inc, about everything they believe in.