11

Ivy

My heart hammered against my ribcage as hope swiveled through me. If there was even a possibility that Trevor might be lying to me about being a robot, then, I'd be glad. But it still didn't explain anything- I asked him once, and he showed me.

He sliced his own wrist and all I saw was iron so, why the hell is there a cut on his knuckles. It doesn't explain anything.

Immediately, Trevor shielded his knuckles from my view. "It's not my blood." He said.

"What? That wasn't just blood Trev. That was a cut, and you were bleeding."

"Don't be ridiculous Ivy, it was just blood, I don't bleed remember? I'm a Robot, robots don't bleed. And besides, haven't I proven myself to you?" He asked, still pulling his knuckles from my view.

"I know what I saw. Show it to me."

"Why are you making a fuss about this Ivy?"

"Show it to me. Now." I said, almost shouting.

He sighed, pulling out his knuckles. "See?" He said, rubbing off the blood on his knuckles. And so help me God, there was no cut, just dried blood. "Told you it wasn't my blood. Did you even see Kyle's face?"

I was too stunned to answer. "But- there were several cuts on your knuckles, I saw them Trevor... I saw them just now."

"Well where are they? Show them to me." He said, extending his knuckles again.

"But-"

"You still don't trust me." He stated. "Why would you even think for a second that I would bleed? I proved it to you, didn't I?"

"I- I thought I saw-"

"I'm not human Ivy, I might look like one but- I'm not."

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I just thought- I- you know what? Never mind." I raked my hands through my hair, remembering I was about to pull it back up in a ponytail before I heard about the fight. "You shouldn't have done that to Kyle. You almost killed him." I pointed out.

"You wanna cut class?" Trevor asked out of nowhere, ignoring my statement.

"No? Why would I do that? I've never done that before and I don't want to ever do that, cause it's wrong."

"Seriously? Nothing is wrong about it.”

"Says a robot who has never beared the consequences of being caught while leaving school during school hours.”

"Oh, you have no idea." He muttered.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

He smirked. "I'll tell you, only if you agree to skip the rest of the school day."

I grinned.

"What?" He asked.

"It's nothing. just that I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy novels or movies where the bad boy convinces the nerdy girl to skip class and all that crap." I said.