30

Ivy

I found him in the kitchen the next morning, typing away on his phone. My hair was pulled up in a ponytail, I was on my school uniform, but I had a sweater on. "Hey." I called his attention.

Immediately, his eyes detached from his phone and when they met mine, he smiled. "Morning PT."

I raised a brow at him. "PT?" I asked with a small smile grazing my lips.

His eyes moved to my hair. "You love pulling up your hair in a ponytail, so... I think the nickname suites you."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. You ready?"

"I didn't think you'd want to go to school today." He said, pocketing his phone.

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, yesterday you looked really sick... I thought you'd skip school and stuff." He said, his eyes dead set on mine.

"Oh... I'm getting better and- I don't really feel like skipping school." I said. His lips turned up in a knowing smile.

Good Lord, does he even know how good he looked when he smiled? I mean, he looked equally good with a frown, but his smile was super cute, and honestly contagious.

But that wasn't the thing in this case. Why the hell is he smiling at me like that?

"I was thinking of getting you that pill from my Inc, um... It can help prevent any kind of headache, it works like magic." He said in the most casual way possible, but the way his eyes looked so determined was one thing I couldn't get my mind off.

But honestly, this was an opportunity I didn't want to miss. "Oh, actually, I might just need them." I said.

He raised a brow. "Okay, I'll get some for you."

I smiled.

If I'd known they'd come so easily like this, I wouldn't have searched through his things last night. I would have just asked.

"Oh, and uh... Before I forget, your parents called... They're going to be returning tomorrow so- I guess you should check with Roman for the surprise anniversary thing you were planning?"

"Wait- why would they call you and not me?"

He shrugged.

"That's weird." I voiced out.

He gave a side grin, coming to stand right in front of me. I sucked in a deep breath. "They might just start to love me more than they love you." He whispered.

There was just something I felt deep in my stomach, whenever he was near, I don't know maybe it was the fact that my brain couldn't comprehend his beauty from up close or maybe it was because of the way his eyes stared hotly in mine, or maybe I was just acting towards his sex appeal.

I really don't know.

His closeness made me feel so many things and I just get so confused and warm all over.

I knew it was safe to have feelings for him, cause he was human and all- but the scariest part was a really big question. Will he ever reciprocate the feeling? I mean, there's that Lacy girl, who was probably his girlfriend or ex and for him to still keep pictures of her, it only meant he still had feelings for her.

The best thing to do Ivy is to stop yourself from getting too attached... It's bound not to end well.

I mean, look at him. He's so good looking and I'm definitely not the kind of girl he'd date. Lacy is- I mean, she's all that. And I'm just that pretty girl nobody noticed.