89

Keep the comment section healthy❤ the comments on the last chapter was so low T_T every writer has different means to get inspired to write. My means is through comments as I love to know what you think of the story, so please, do drop a comment and a heart lifting vote・◡・ Thank you

Ethan

"Ethan!" A familiar voice thundered. I knew it was loud but it sounded so distant. I didn't want anything to cut off the string that attached me to my sleep, seeing as right now, I felt at utter peace with myself. And I really didn't want to wake up, only to die again within a short moment. I didn't even think my body would be able to take that anymore.

"Ethan! Wake the hell up!"

I could already feel anger rising within me. As my whole body started waking up unwillingly. This process was the actual worse. It felt like there were machines being turned on at each level of my system, and they worked slowly to boot up properly.

"Ethan!"

The voice was familiar, but not the one that kept taunting and killing me over and over.

"Ethan, can you hear me!"

It was Malcolms'... Wait-

Malcolm?

My eyes began to pull open slowly, my mind still a fog of itself as I looked around, trying to figure out my surroundings.

My room? I was in my room?

Thinking came with a thunderous headache that seemed to send shivers all through my body- body. 

It didn't take long for me to realize that I was completely naked, the covers sheilding me from the waist downwards.

What the fuck?

I tried to sit up, groaning when the headache attacked this time, making me feel so sick.

My eyes caught Malcolm's worried expression.

"What are you doing here Malcolm? Wh-what happened?"

A look of disbelief captured his whole face. "Are you seriously asking me that? Do you know how worried we all were? I even had to call Glory! What the fuck did she do to you?"

My brain tried to piece everything together, I could only remember pieces of yesterday, it all came back slowly to me, increasing the headache I had.

Silas had taken me. I was at the facility where he killed me, over and over again-- and then, Glory-- yes, she came... She was there... She told me things-- things that broke me, ruined me over again. She explained why she'd always called me her son, she'd even showed me the adoption papers, how she got my parents to sign me over to them when I turned ten-- the fire-- the hospital-- her secret project-- And then she- she completely destroyed me, she took- she took it away- my chip.