48

Vote and comment:-)

Thanks for your patience, the update was delayed cause I decided to take a little time to rest, since I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. Hope you enjoy this update:-)

You may continue...

48
Ivy's pov

   Slipping my phone into the pocket of my uniform jacket, I strolled right into the library, spotting him at a secluded corner, his head down, concentrating fully on the book he was reading.

I took in a deep breath, making my way towards him.

I could only think of two reasons why Roman had texted me so early, asking me to meet with him.

One, it could be that Ethan really did talk some sense into him, either he or whoever it was he sent to talk to him.

Two, it could be that he was angry about the fact that I asked Ethan to go talk to him, seeing as he was trying his best to avoid him at all cost.

I just hoped it wasn't the second one.

Reaching there, I let out the breath I inhaled earlier with an, "hi."

He looked up immediately, a small smile grazing the side of his lips. "Hey." He said, leaning back to his chair, as I sat across him.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah." He said, taking off his glasses and raking his hands through his hair. "I um- I just wanted to apologize for being so selfish."

My brows etched in confused, I stopped to think.

Did Ethan make him think he was being selfish? 

"I don't understand." I said.

"The other night at the barbeque get together, I made a stupid decision, and if Ethan didn't make me see the light in everything, I wouldn't have realized how selfish I had been."

"You weren't being selfish."

He shook his head. "As a matter of fact, I was."

"No you weren't. You were only scared, and I can't really blame you for being scared when I'm scared myself."

He sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. "It was too much for me to really comprehend. I mean, it's not everyday we travel dimensions, as dreamy and exciting as that sounds."

I gave a weak laugh. "I understand. I honestly understand. And it's okay to be a little bit cautious, seeing as these guys don't play around."

"Yeah, we shouldn't underestimate them. And I get it, Ethan's here and he has promised to protect us but- we can't just leave it all on him and seize from watching our backs. That's like, very unwise."

I nodded. "So... What does this mean?" I asked.

He shrugged, a smile forming against his lips. "Well I guess this means we're officially back together." He said. "Not like we were ever together like- together together."