22

Ivy

"Coffee?" Trevor asked me as he grabbed two mugs.

I looked up from my phone, I didn't have enough time to text Roman last night, it was about my most recent discovery. My boyfriend was human after all. It only confirmed my doubts about his inc.

"Yeah." I answered, feeling the weight of my bag on my left shoulder, I looked down at my phone again, sending a quick message to Roman.

Me:
Hey!
Just now.

I looked up at Trevor as he worked his magic with the coffee. After last night, I felt a strange connection to him, almost as if I knew more than he was letting on. There was still more to him, more mysteries to be discovered.

He was human after all, he should have a background, one that he doesn't remember. He should have a mom, a Dad, even siblings who thought he went missing. If his Inc was abducting people, they were doing the wrong thing, and if it was up to me and Roman to unveil whatever mystery is behind this secret organization? Then so be it.

Ping! Went my phone, indicating that I just got a message. I hurriedly turned off the sound and put it on vibration, then checked, knowing it was Roman.

Roman:
Hey? Any news?
2 min.

There was news, alright.

Me:
He's human, which means he has a past, we need to find out about his background, his real name or wherever his family lives.
1 min.

Looking up, I found Trevor, turning to me with two mugs of coffee in his grip, he dropped one in front of me, with a smile plastered to his face... A forced smile. Almost as if he didn't want to be here, but he had to.

I scoffed mentally, he always threw on that smile, I just never noticed it.

My phone vibrated, drawing my attention back to my phone.

Roman:
I'll do something about it, I'll need some information about him to dig into his background. Do you remember anything? Maybe a name or, anything?
3 min.

"Do they do this a lot?"

I jumped a little, after hearing Trevor's voice. I cleared my throat awkwardly, picking up the coffee mug.

"Who's they?" I asked.

He dropped his half finished coffee, staring at me.

When did he drink it to half? Had he been watching me?

"Your parents. Do they just up and leave like that?"

I nodded. "Yeah, most times on business together, sometimes on vacation. They uh... They do it a lot... Tons of lots." I said.

"Why don't they take you with them?" He asked.

I shrugged. "They don't want me moving around, I guess... And school too, kids gotta learn. And honestly, I'm glad they don't take me along with them. I'd be so bored." I said, truthfully.