68

Not edited, kindly point out typos kindly...

Ivy

Unlike all the other Bases, Base one was nothing like I expected it to be. It was actually better. It was more of the kind of world I was brought up in. The world for the rich and classy, the prim and proper.

Now I understood why he never wanted to bring me here, he probably thought I'd judge him, or maybe kill him with questions.

But just like the outside, I have noticed this was another world of its own. We have the lower class, middle class, and the high class. I guess I fell in the middle class category... I really didn't care much about it, my heart wasn't in this dimension, and I didn't plan on staying long.

But- why not make a big deal about it, just to see him squirm.

I smirked internally, if that was possible.

"Discrimination." I spoke up the moment I got out of my car, causing him to look over at me.

"What?"

"Complete and utter discrimination." I said, looking straight at the beautiful buildings that lined up the street. His was a little bit extra, glass walls here and there... An iron like fence, No gate. Just a house with glass walls... The inside was bright, but blurry in a sense that, you wouldn't be able to see what's actually inside, but you could see a blur of what the house was supposed to look like. Beautiful than what used to be my home on the outside.

He sighed, coming to stand beside me. "Sorry I didn't bring you here sooner, I- I didn't want you to think exactly what you're thinking now."

My gaze swept up to his Emerald pools. "Right. So you get to live like the presidents son, and we get to live like workers."

He blinked. "It wasn't my choice. Glory would never let me stay anywhere else-"

"Lie that you don't think you're better than everyone else." I pressed.

He frowned. "Why would I think that? I don't care about all of this? I don't even crash here most times, cause it's too large for me alone. And when I do, it's Edith and I."

"So where do you crash most times?" I asked, turning to face him with a brows raised.

"Malcolms'. And why are you looking at me like that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, I just had a thought."

"What thought?"

"I'm not telling." I smiled sweetly at him.

He scrutinized me with his gaze, before taking my cold hand in his warm ones. I took in a deep breath, still finding it difficult to comprehend this strange connection between the two of us.

If this was something natural, something that happened with every person with a chip, I'd know. Seeing as, I've touched other people in this dimension, and I honestly felt nothing. But when it came to Ethan, it's just so different.

Something about his presence was exciting... His presence, his touch, his smile, it all had different effects in my body.

Why?

Is there something else attached to this? Why do I feel immensely connected to him?

It's crazy, scary, exciting, and addicting.

I never want to be without it. I smiled up at him, as we both walked together towards his house.

When we got in, I took off his jacket, dropping it on his couch, while I admired the interior decorations, it wasn't anything basic, but it still looked classy in its own kind of way. One thing I noticed was how clean his house was, everything was so perfectly in place. "I never thought I'd ever see a TV so soon." I voiced out my thoughts.