34

Ethan

Thud. Thud. Thud.

The distant sound of the body scanning machine, also known as the Inc's Explorer resounded in my ears as I made sure to keep my eyes open to get the full result of the scan. The blue light was blinding, but that didn't actually bother me.

Well, the only reason why it didn't bother me was because my thoughts weren't really on the examination of my chip. No.

It was on a certain girl whom I couldn't help but think about. A human girl, who had actually done nothing to win me over, but she did, either way.

I mean, how else was I supposed to explain the sort of connection we had? And apart from the odd feeling of that connection, I knew there was something else.

My sudden need to protect her from danger, the momentary trance when ever my eyes found hers. It was honestly crazy, and so unexpected.

After I kissed her at the stupid truth or dare game, I realized that it wasn't just about the fact that she ordered for me, or the fact that I was to answer to her, that I wanted to be there for her... No. It was the fact that I had unknowingly grown attached to her and my subconscious had placed so many false thoughts to evade that fact.

I really did care about her, for real.

When Malcolm assigned this mission to me, I was mad as hell. Yes, and I was so angry the night I arrived at her house, and that was the only reason why I acted really blunt, sarcastic and somewhat rude. In hopes that she'd hate me and maybe, send me back or something.

But she didn't- in fact, she liked my character. And that kind of made me feel weird.

She was even more curious to know what I was made of, and her intelligence threw me off.

It made me find her interesting, and I suddenly felt curious too... I wanted to spend my time with her, I wanted to actually know her.

The kiss aroused these strange feelings within me, and that instant, I knew the mission had already been compromised.

If I'd been a normal human without the chip or anything, I'd know how to at least, control my feelings or maybe even hide them.

But the thing about the chip was that, it heightened the senses. It makes you feel times two of what you're normally supposed to feel. It makes you see things differently, feel things differently. It controls your every being.

So if you maybe have a crush on someone, the chip drives your heart wild, or maybe if you're scared or panicking, it heightens that particular feeling.

And that is exactly why I trusted Ivy Fisher... I might want to just tell her a particular thing, like a side of a particular story, but the chip heightens my mind, and then I'd end up telling her everything.

Just like last night, I wasn't supposed to tell her whatever Fiona had told me, but I did... It was even funny how I managed to keep myself from mentioning Fiona's name.

I sighed...

I can't even keep my thoughts from Ivy Fisher.