*Chapter Twenty-Five*

There is somethingabout falling in lovewith a beautiful mindthat makes mecrave their skin

There is something
about falling in love
with a beautiful mind
that makes me
crave their skin.
As if gripping onto
the back of his shoulders
whilst my body is
pressed beneath his
is all I've left to save me
from drowning. (Cindy Cherie)

~~~~~~~~

"Do you have to protect me though?" I ask Taehyung then he looks down at me. "I mean, did you really want to listen to the one that has been saving a human this whole time?" I add then he sighs.

"If it's a request from Jungkook, we listen." He answers as he walks into my kitchen.

"Isn't Namjoon your leader, though?" I ask then he grabs a bottle of beer.

"He is, yes," he answers then he opens the bottle, "but requests from Jungkook are very, very rare and if they mean a lot to him, we usually oblige by it." He finishes then he takes a sip. "Your cousin-" he starts off then I immediately clench my fists.

"Don't call him my cousin." I interrupt then he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Don't give me an attitude, missy." He scolds then I shut my mouth. "Hoseok and I were the only ones that immediately agreed to it. Seokjin, it took him a few seconds. Yoongi, he reluctantly agreed. Jimin did after I agreed. While for Namjoon, it took him a little bit of time." Taehyung explains then I nod as I sit back in my seat.

"But..." I start off as I stare at the ground, "why me?" I ask Taehyung as I look back up at him.

He was drinking his beer then taking the bottle from his mouth onto the counter top, licking his lips.

"That's something you should ask him, yourself." He answers then I hear a whoosh in the hallway.

I look down the hallway and see Jungkook walking down as his eyes meet Taehyung's as he steps into the intersection between the living room and kitchen.

"Is she okay?" Jungkook asks Taehyung then he points to me.

"Elektra about lost her damn mind and tried to kill Y/N at school with her sluts holding back her friends." Taehyung answers then Jungkook looks at me.

"Did she hurt her at all?" Jungkook asks as he looks at Taehyung.

"Smashed a glass over her head right before I got there." He answers then Jungkook clenches his jaw.

"Did she bleed at all?" Jungkook asks Taehyung and he shook his head.

"I don't think so." He answers then takes a sip of beer. "Check her head if you want to, because I didn't." He adds then starts walking away. "You two better start spilling to each other about everything, lovebirds." He says then disappears into thin air.

Silence fills the air as we stare into the hallway, where Taehyung had disappeared. I stand up and walk next to Jungkook, my eyes not leaving the hallway.