Chapter Forty

Everybody has things They wish not to recall

They wish not to recall.
Into each life
Some rain must fall
(Anonymous)

~~~~~~~~

{~Taehyung's POV~}

"Hyung!" I call out as I walk into the kitchen to get tea. "Did Hoseok-hyung return yet?" I ask as I hear footsteps enter the room.

"Yes, he did." I hear Hoseok say as he walks into the kitchen. "Why do you ask?" He asks me then I look at him.

"How was Y/N before you left?" I ask him.

"She was better." He answers then grabs an apple. "Throwing up has completely ceased and her fever went back to normal. That, literal,demon child wouldn't let her keep food down for very long so I made her a huge breakfast this morning. I'm guessing she'd probably eat it all by now." He explains then I take a deep breath.

"That's good, really good actually." I comment then Hoseok raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why do you care about her so much when she's Jungkook's girl?" He asks me then I shrug.

"Her and I are a lot alike, I guess." I answer as I take a sip of tea. "We've both experienced similar heartbreaks and we bonded over that. Plus," I start off as I take a deep breath, "after seeing how happy she makes Jungkook, it made me like her even more knowing that she would never unintentional or intentionally hurt Jungkook." I explain.

"But do you like her more than that?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Nothing more than a friend." I answer then he hums.

"Then why'd you ask her to be the father figure to her child that has yet to be born?" He asks me then I gulp.

"Because it's my best friend's child." I answer then I sigh as Hoseok gives me a look. "And my new friend's child as well. I felt the need to ask that to help her out. I had a feeling being a single parent wouldn't be easy, so I gave her the offer and she accepted it." I explain then Hoseok nods.

"Y/N told me how happy you were when she agreed and how you stayed by her side as she slept." Hoseok tells me and my eyes slightly widen. "That is very new of you, Taehyung-ah. You're the Sin of Wrath, this isn't like you to be nice or caring to anybody. That's why I'm questioning you and trying to see if you like Y/N anything more than that." He mentions and I shake my head.

"You know how much I like kids, despite being me, and that is my best friend's child that is growing inside of a new friend. And since Jungkook is gone, I want to help out." I explain then I hear a door close.

Hoseok and I leave the kitchen and stand in the living room as we see Namjoon walk in with another man. Both of our eyes widen as the man looks up and he looks at us in shock.

"H-Hyungs." Jungkook calls out then Hoseok and I walk closer.

"Jungkook!" We call out.

We meet him with a big hug and relief coursing through our bodies. We let go of him and see a small half-smile on his face.