Chapter Thirty-Eight

The age-old discovery---Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness---Is the only wayTo real happiness (Sri Chinmoy)

Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness---
Is the only way
To real happiness
(Sri Chinmoy)

~~~~~~~~

"Man, this child is completely screwing you over, huh?" Taehyung asks me as I nod.

"Oh, my God, this is awful." I tell Taehyung and he hums in agreement.

"I can imagine." He agrees then I hear a knock at my door. "I'll get it." He tells me then he gets up.

He leaves my room and walks down the hall then I close my eyes as I breathe heavily. Sweat rolls down my back then I hear my door open again.

"The little demon inside of her had made her really sick with a high fever and vomiting sometimes, but not very often." I hear Taehyung say then I look up and see him standing with another man. "She will be alright, just need to keep her in cool temperatures and clean her up as needed." Taehyung tells him then I make eye contact with the other man.

"Hoseok..." I mumble then he gives me a small smile.

"Hey." He greets then he looks at Taehyung. "Anything else I need to know?" He asks Taehyung then Taehyung shakes his head.

"I think you're good to go." He answers then he looks at me with a small smile. "Good luck, Y/N-ah, let me know if you need anything." He farewells then I nod at him.

"Thanks, Taehyung." I say then Taehyung leaves, leaving it just Hoseok and me.

He sits down next to me on the chair next to my bed and I give him a small smile. I point to the cloth on my desk and he looks at it.

"Could you make that cloth cold and give it to me, please?" I ask then he nods.

"Of course." He agrees then he gets up and grabs the cloth.

He leaves my room and walks into my bathroom and I hear the water run. I slowly sit up and sit against the headboard on my bed and rest my hand on my belly.

"Why're you doing this to me, son?" I ask then I look up and see Hoseok standing at my door.

"You're having a boy?" He asks me, in excitement. "Oh, my God, Y/N! That's wonderful!" He exclaims as he walks back in.

He hands me the cloth and I place it on my head then he takes a deep breath.

"Can we talk, maybe?" He asks me and I nod.

"We probably should, yeah." I agree then I clear my throat. "What should we start off with?" I ask then he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes then rubs his face. "I'm so very sorry for everything. I'm sorry I refused to explain everything to you sooner than the way you had to find out. I wanted to make sure you were safe from all other harm. It's because of my mistake five years ago that got you into this sticky mess. I'm so sorry for everything bad I ever did to you." He apologizes then I nod.