Chapter Thirty-Nine

Practise the feeling of onenessDo not try to get ahead of others

Do not try to get ahead of others.
You are bound to be supremely happy
(Sri Chinmoy)

~~~~~~~~

"How are you feeling now?" Hoseok asks me as I walk into the living room.

"A lot better." I answer then I sit down on the couch. "Not as sick this morning, but just hurting a lot this morning." I tell him then he hums.

"Probably from all the throwing up." He comments then he places his hand on my forehead. "You're fever's gone down quite a bit, from 40 degrees Celsius to 36 degrees Celsius, so you're good to go again, baby cuz." He tells me and I sigh.

"That's a relief." I comment then he smiles at me.

"So, I think Taemin is supposed to return today, are you going to be okay?" He asks me and I nod.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be okay." I assure him and he looks at me.

"You're going to be okay with a half-demon in your home?" He asks me and I nod.

"Of course." I answer then I look at him. "Wrath was in my home for a week and he tried to kill me before, so I'll be okay." I assure him then he nods.

"Want anything for breakfast?" He asks me as he walks into the kitchen. "You haven't been able to keep in a whole lot, so would you like a big meal?" He asks me then I smile.

"Yes, please, that would be amazing." I answer then he smiles back.

He starts preparing a large meal for me as I sit back and watch the television. My head then starts to hurt and I wince in pain as I place my hand on my head.

"Y/N-ah..." I hear Jungkook's voice call out then I open my eyes.

I look around and see way back when Jungkook and I were together, before everything happened.

I step inside my apartment and quickly take out the binder, looking for the DVD I saw earlier and taking it out of its case, inserting it into my television.

I sit back and stare at the television, waiting for the footage to play, then it turns on and everything was blurry.

There was a large fire in a city with people running around, screaming, or falling to the ground, dead. Five others were breaking into homes and bringing out families, beating them senselessly.

Little creatures were flying around in the air out of the city hall and into the town, landing on people and torturing people. Either pulling their hair, scaring them, running after people, biting them, and killing them.

The fire on city hall turns blue for a split second and my eyes widen as you could hear a loud, bone-chilling low growl, scream, coming from city hall.

The camera then focuses on a boy standing in front of him, looking to be about a teenager. He had black hair, wearing a black button-down with tears all through it, black leather pants, black dress shoes, and a harness around his torso.