Chapter Twenty-Seven

What is happiness, I hear you say?What helps us, smile on those dreary days?

What helps us, smile on those dreary days?

What sends a tingle, through our bones?
What helps us talk, in cheerful tones?

How does it pick, how does it choose;
When to come, and when to move.

How does it know, to work its way through,

Every single person; like me and you.

Some people try, as hard as they can,
To steal it away, from another man.

But it's yours forever, it's yours to keep;
Don't let them take, something so deep.

You must look within yourself,
When times are blue,
Because happiness is a thing,
That lives in you.
(Karen Hamilton)

~~~~~~~~

"I'm so sorry you had to come across him in the first place." Jungkook apologizes as I clean off his face.

"It wasn't your fault." I tell him then he shakes his head.

"Yes, it is." He argues as he pulls my hand down away from his face. "I was so mean to you when we first met that I pushed you out your window and tried to kill you. When I should have been nicer to you sooner." He says then I run my fingers through his hair. "I'm so sorry." He apologizes then I shake my head.

"Jungkook," I start off as I place my hand on my cheek, "you did absolutely nothing wrong. No one did." I assure him then I place a small kiss on his lips.

He places his hands on my waist and puts his head on my chest, taking a deep sigh. I smile a little bit as I place my hand on his head and run my fingers through his hair and scratching the top of his head.

"You're too good to me," he starts off then he places his chin on my chest and looks up at me, "considering how awful I was to you." He adds then I stroke his cheek with my thumb.

"You were just doing your job." I assure him then I kiss his head. "I'll be heading to bed, goodnight, Jungkook." I tell him then he kisses my lips.

"Goodnight, baby girl." He says as I walk away with a small smile on my face.

I walk into my bedroom and grab a tank top and sweatpants from my dresser then I walk into my bathroom. I take off my t-shirt and jeans then I put my sweatpants on and look at myself in the mirror.

I place my hand on my belly as I stare at myself in the mirror then back down at my belly.

"I need to tell him soon." I mutter to myself then I slide my tank top on.

~~~~~~~~

"Jungkook, I'm running to the convenience store, do you want anything?" I ask him as I grab my backpack.