> 19 <

"So let me get this straight, you ran away because your evil father sold your hand in marriage to your ex-boyfriend who was an abusive prick?" The cop asked for the third time and I nodded as he wrote some notes on his notebook, he was using the exact words as I put it and I tried my best not to laugh as his British accent pronounced the word 'prick'.

"And then you ran away with your secret boyfriend?" I nodded.

"But the driver reported giving only you a ride," he said suspiciously. I gulped in nervousness since I completely forgot about him.

"Yeah, I told my boyfriend that I'll run away and when I got off to the bus stop, he dropped everything and drove to pick me up saying that he loves me and stuff, I took the bus to save him some time since he lives a bit far," I said gulping.

"My friend can testify since I told her, she is quite an actress so I trusted her with my secret," I added and he nodded.

"So you are going to stay with your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yes," do I have a choice?

"Okay, thank you for your co-operation," he said and walked away. I just wish that they don't press charges against my father or my ex. Although both of them have caused me so much pain, I'd be better off if the left me alone rather than they rot in the cell. Maybe this can even teach them a lesson?

"Gosh, this was one hell of a tiresome day," I sighed dropping down on Stacy's couch. The whole questioning thing was just the start, I still had to come down to the police station later for another testimony. It sounded almost as if I murdered someone. 

"Here, drink up you dehydrated bitch," Stacy came up to me holding a cup of water. 

"Gee thanks," I said rolling my eyes at her use of 'dehydrated bitch'. Declan also caught it with his superhuman hearing causing him to quietly growl. I rolled my eyes again, he was being way too childish and he clearly didn't know how us, 'humans', are like. We were probably two completely different people, definitely in terms of physical and mental state, but also in personalities. While werewolves were all bark and bite, we were all cuss words and endless nights with tears, like that one time Stacy got dumped so we spent a whole night crying over sad movies with horrible endings like 'The Fault in our stars'. 

"It's getting dark now, I think we should head home," Declan said, standing up and ready to leave. 

"But it's barely even five...?" Stacy said, her voice dripping with sadness at me, her eyes almost begging for me to stay over. 

"I'm staying ov-," I heard a growl out of Declan which happened to be quite loud. Stacy was confused as she looked back at Declan with her eyebrows raised. 

"Declan, you little doggie, why didn't you tell me you were hungry?" I asked Declan, making a weird face as soon as Stacy turned away.

"Sorry Stacy, gotta dip but you know what, I'll come to visit you sometime this week and we can have a sleepover and catch up," I said after seeing Stacy's sad face. 

"Okay, stay safe, love you," She said giving me a hug. 

"Love you more," Yet another growl appeared. I smiled apologetically as I turned away, grabbed Declan by his arm and dragged him out. 

"You idiot don't get your panties in a twist, you could have blown your cover!" I half yelled-half whispered. 

"What cover is it exactly?" 

"The cover of you being a perfect loving boyfriend!" 

"I am a perfect loving boyfriend!" He hissed back. 

"First of all, you do not fall in that category, and second of all, you are far from loving! And would you cut that out, with all the growling noises, restrain yourself," 

"I can't restrain myself when you are being all lovey-dovey with her," He yelled and shut the car door harshly. 

"What do you mean? She's my best friend and I love her in a friend way, not romantically for crying out loud!" 

"Romantically or not, she's still a threat,"

"Oh my god, are you jealous? You of all people should know that I am not lesbian," I said remembering the time I pranked him by saying I was lesbian, good times. 

"And don't call me a little doggie," He said, huffing and puffing as he started the car. 

"Okay, big doggie,"