> 49 <

I walked down the stairs with Mavis by my side. I was nervous and my anxiety was getting the best of me. My hands shook and I hid them within the pocket of my black oversized hoody. My hood was also up, covering my face, hiding me from the outside world.

I was scared. Frightened. Not going to lie. I didn't know what I'll be expecting once I reach the very last step, I couldn't properly picture the faces of disgust and hatred on the pack's faces. On Declan's face.

Mavis was accepting and she even said that many pack members were grateful for what I did. I saved many lives that day. But I also took many. I was not the moon goddess, I had no right to take their lives, she would have found a way to punish them herself.

But I lost control of myself. Cathy lost control. It so dearly reminded us of another painful day of our past, when our own pack was being outnumbered and slaughtered. Those screams were identical, innocent people were dying. They needed help. And this time I was able to do something about it, I was able to save the innocent despite killing the guilty.

A part of me didn't feel anything for the lives that I took. And that alone was enough to terrify me. To shake me to my core and not want to even take a step outside of the comfort of my room.

As soon as I reached down the stairs, I looked at Mavis who gave me a reassuring smile. I was expected to be met with an empty and destroyed house, but instead it looked as if it was simply under construction. People stood within the house, leaving a lot of space for both me and Mavis to pass by freely.

These people were the pack members, my pack members. There were some familiar faces in the crowd, but many I did not recognize. There were also many who were injured covered with bandaids.

The disgusted expressions that I thought I'd be greeted with were nowhere to be seen, instead I was taken a back by the many happy faces that I was seeing. Many even held tears in their eye. It was silent at first, but soon enough everyone started talking over each other and I was only able to grab onto a few things that they were saying.

"Luna..."

"You saved us,"

"Thank you so much Luna!"

"You saved my little boy,"

"We can never thank you enough!"

"You are a gift from the moon goddess!"

I didn't know how to react. My expression was covered with shock and so was my body. Mavis intercepted her hand with mine, holding on to me so I won't fall. She slowly led us through the crowd that stepped aside and made a trail for us to pass by. It felt like everyone was here this time. Everyone.

I soon found myself crying. My emotions were bottled up and the expectations of rejection that I was so dreading the past couple of days was no where to be seen. I cried tears of relief. I cried tears of happiness. I even cried tears of pain.

I felt so many things at once that I felt like all of my emotions were being smushed all together.

"W-Where are we going?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"You'll see," she said. Not answering my question at all. I let her lead me away from the crowd that formed around the pack house and more deeper into the woods. I took a deep breath in, calming myself and trying my tears on the sleeve of my hoodie. I listened to the birds singing and the leaves rustling when the wind blew.

I felt myself calm down as I welcomed nature. I snapped back into reality as we stopped walking.

"DECLAN!!" Mavis yelled out, I flinched a bit over the sudden loudness of her voice.

"Sorry," she gave me an apologetic smile. "He'll be here in a few seconds, it'll be just the two of you, okay? You have nothing to worry about and feel free to tell him whatever you want, okay?"

I nodded. She let go of my hand and started to walk back.

"Thank you, Mavis. For everything," I said quickly before she could get away. She turned around and gave me a smile before running off. I watched her figure disappear before I felt another behind me. I turned around and smiled softly.

"Hey," he said quietly, as if he was scared that one wrong movement would break me.

"Hi," I replied. I wanted him to come closer, to embrace me with his warmth and as if he read my thoughts, that's exactly what he did. He slowly walked towards me and without hesitation, wrapped his arms around me. I started crying again.

I missed this. I really did. The warmth of him on me. His cinnamon minted scent that I didn't notice before. Everything about him seemed to be so relaxing and comforting.

"I-I missed you," I whispered, my voice cracking somewhere in between.

"I missed you too," he answered, his voice muffled in my hoodie.

"I'm sorry," he began, "for not being here when you needed me the most."

"It's not your fault, okay? We are here now and it's all that matters," I told him, pulling away and drying my tears. He took my hand and led me further into the woods. I was so distracted by how my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest that I didn't even pay any attention to my surroundings until he spoke.

"I thought you might want to get out of the pack house and talk else where after everything that happened," I didn't know what he meant until I took a look around. It was a lake, a calm and beautiful lake that seemed to flow smoothly. The air was filled with a scent of fish, and grass and it made me smile.

"It's so beautiful and calming, thank you," I said turning around to face him.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm ready now, I'll tell you everything that I know."

- - -
I'm back my lovely readers and I'm better than ever so watch out for updates to come. I'm thinking of wrapping up this book soon but at the same time I feel like I'd want to make a sequel with a someone getting in between their relationship and you can probably already guess who. 🧛🏻‍♂️

But only time will tell hahaha. I was going to bed but had a late night motivation so this is why I updated at 12 am lol

Have a lovely day/night,

xx writer