> 21 <

"My baby girl is back!" I heard Stacy yell and run down the stairs until the door flew open.

"Like I promised," I said hugging her.

"Who is that?" She questioned, looking behind me. I looked back to find Marcel's car and him inside.

"Ugh, my Uber...?" I said. I was hoping he won't be staying put and guarding me, knowing Declan, this was all probably he's doing.

"He's hot," she said, eyeing him.

"Stacy you have a boyfriend," I said pulling her inside and closing the door before giving Marcel a glaring look at his smirk. He probably heard it all.

"Yeah so what? I'm allowed to check someone out every now and then," she said as we walked towards the living room. I took a seat in exhaustion, even though I was even waking or moving much in the car, it sure made me really tired.

"How is that boyfriend of yours going anyway?" I asked.

"Well he's been more distant now, but I suppose he is just busy with school work," she said but her face showed doubts.

"You should just break up with him, long distance relationships are complicated and plus there are plenty of guys lining up for you," I told her. In all honestly, Stacy was really pretty and a cool person, she had guys lining up for her but I didn't understand why she turned them down.

"They don't feel right,"

"And he does?"

"No but he's hot," she said, daydreaming. I shook my head and turned on the tv. We decided to watch Friends and catch up.

"So how did you meet Declan?" She asked causing me to immediately tense up.

"Well...its a long story you know...quite complicated too,"

"I'm all ears,"

"I don't feel like talking about him right now, we just got into a bit of a fight," I half lied. We were always in a fight.

"Oh I see, whenever you are ready. I'm here for you, remember that," she said and I nodded tearing up slightly. I never kept secrets from Stacy, it made me feel horrible but it was for the best.

"Let's get out of here, go for a walk to the supermarket and bake our favorite brownies!" Stacy suggested.

"I'm down," I said. I waited for her downstairs as she went to get ready upstairs. I looked out the window and found Marcel's car parked a few houses down, at least he wasn't obvious about keeping at eye on me.

"Let's go from the back, take the short cut," I suggested and she nodded. I didn't want to be followed, and he wouldn't even realize we would be gone seeing as the supermarket is only ten minutes away by walk.

"Alright let's go," she said, grabbing her house keys and wallet. We walked and talked about gossip from our school, who got with who after graduation.

"Anyway, have you decided what you want to do yet?" She asked and I shook my head. It wasn't just because I wasn't good at anything and the whole pack and Declan thing would probably prevent me from doing what I was born to. But at the same time, fate has its away around and what if being in the pack was my fate? Just by thinking about Declan made me slightly miss him which pissed me off at how bipolar I was acting.

"What about the cartoons you did? You are pretty good at those, have you considered doing illustration?" She asked.

"Damn Stacy, you are talking like my counselor," I said laughing, she scoffed and folded her hands.

"Jee, just trying to help my best friend to not end up as a hobo,"

"I can never end up as a hobo, I have you," I said giving her my puppy eyes. She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Of course, who'd let a face like that live on the streets," she teased but I knew she was joking and probably meant the other thing around.

When we arrived we quickly picked out the right mix and a few more goodies that I begged Stacy to buy me like a little kid that I am.

"I'll pay you back, I promise!" I said.

"You haven't paid me back since that time I bought you pizza in sophomore year," she said and I laughed, tearing up slightly at how high school was already over.

"Don't cry, okay, okay I'll get them for you," she said quickly. I laughed harder and more tears fell down my cheeks.

"I just can't believe it's over, we are adults now," I said, sniffing and sobbing. Stacy started laughing pulling out her phone, taking a video of my moment of weakness. It was probably going on her file of Bella cries for no reason.

"I remember when you used to complain at how you wished high school was over and now look at you know!" She said, laughing even more. We started walking back home, I was cleaning myself down and Stacy was laughing historically. We froze in our spot as we saw a man with a black hoodie and jeans, standing in front of us with a bored expression as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Strange, I thought I smelled Declan here,"