> 32 <

"WHAT?"

"No, no, no, I'm kidding. I'm not pregnant, at least not yet," I stood up, my hands in my hair.

"What do you mean not yet?!?"

"Wait! No, that's not what I meant!" My face heating up. Why am I talking nonsense right now?

"Are you dropping hints again? You know you'd make my life so much easier if you just gave in and stopped playing hard to get,"

"I am not playing hard to get!" I said pointing my index finger at him.

"Then what is it? Do you not find me attractive?" He asked, getting up from sitting on my bed.

"No, you are attractive, probably the hottest guy I've ever seen," I mumbled the last part to myself, forgetting that I was in a room with a werewolf.

"Is it my personality? I'm a nice guy you know when I'm not angry that is..." I'm glad he is aware of his anger issues.

"N-No, I like your personality, sometimes," It's fun to tease.

"Then what is it?"

"Well, how am I supposed to be your girlfriend if you didn't even ask me out on a date!" I burst out. My face was hotter than ever. Maybe the truth is that I did like him, and maybe I can see myself liking him more in the future, but how am I supposed to get to know him if all he does is glare at me all day.

"D-Don't try to change the topic! Why were you crying?" Now look who is changing the subject.

"I don't want to talk about it..."

"Then I guess it was Stacy after all, you girls are so weird-"

"It was about my mom, okay? Not Stacy!" He went quiet, probably trying to remember anything that I could have said about my mom. The thing is, I never talk about my mom. I don't like to remember that memory of her and so I buckle it in and only let myself cry on her death anniversary.

I looked away, to my dresser where the picture of me and my mother on my fifth birthday stood. She seemed so happy, not a care in the world and now she was gone. I wonder if things would have turned out different if she was still alive.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He was the first to break the silence.

"She died in a car accident, some driver lost control of his vehicle and ran over her when she crossed the road," I stopped, tears picking up my eyes, "I-I'm just glad I got to be with her when it happened,"

"It's okay," he said, he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt the familiar sparks as our skin made contact but my eyes never left the picture of my mother as my tears fell.

"You know, she'd be proud of the person you became," he said.

"Stacy always says that to me,"

"Is that why you wanted her to stay?" I nodded in response, she always knows how to comfort me. Everyone always says that when someone passes away then they look after you when they are gone, but is it true? Would she really be proud of me for causing so much trouble for everyone? Would she have wanted me to run away? And if I didn't, would me and Declan have ever met?

"I would have still found you," I pulled away and shoved him slightly for reading my thoughts again.

"D-Didn't I tell you to stop!"

"I couldn't help it, our skin had contact so it naturally just happened," he said. Speaking of skin contact, I'm completely naked underneath my bathrobe. I tightened it around myself, feeling slightly uncomfortable that I was hugging a boy with nothing but a bathrobe. But at the same time I was going to give everyone a fashion show of my new style called 'invisible clothing'.

"A-Anyway, would you like to join me and Stacy when we go see her? It's not far and I'll behave I prom-,"

"Of course, you don't even have to ask,"

- - -
Now that I think about it, I don't believe I wrote any hints or description of Bella throughout the book so I don't even know how she looks lmaooo or maybe I forgot, how do you imagine Bella looks? >.<

xx writer