> 48 <

Cathy...my wolf...shared her memories with me, memories of my mother and everything that happened before I was given away to my stepdad, who actually happened to be my uncle, the brother of my human father. I remembered my dad, as oddly as it sounded since I was just a little kid back then. He was a human and my mother's mate. He looked similar to my uncle, but with a much kinder and gentle face. I remember his radiant smile and how he used to play with me on the swings. 

And then there was my mother, who'd appeared in my dreams after I was marked by Declan. She was so beautiful, and I could tell that she looked a lot like me. She was also a powerful Luna of the rarest wolf species, the white wolves. She was a strong and independent woman, rather serious at times but she also had a playful side to her. 

She did everything to protect her family, me, and the pack. I began to understand why Cathy went bonkers, attacking the rogues that were tearing up Declan's pack. The same thing happened eleven years ago, where another pack went into war with the white wolves. They attacked unexpectedly due to a traitor who revealed the secret location, and the whole pack was whipped out in one day. It wasn't just an attack to steal away the territory, it was personal vengeance against the Luna. Not only was the pack outnumbered, but the white wolves had made a blood pact, to not kill one another. They wanted to live in peace, hidden away from the outside human and supernatural world. White wolves were the purest both at heart and mind, so the only thing they could do was defend themselves or run away. I also felt sad at how I broke the pact, in a way it faded that connection I had to them.

I was one of the main targets on that fateful day as well as my mother and father. Father died covering for mother while she turned into a wolf and fled with me. She went to a witch, who erased my memories, restrained my wolf from shifting due to the strong wolf smell, and resurfaced my human side. However, the spell wasn't strong and could only be broken when I'd be marked by my mate. I understood that mother did everything to protect me but I was also curious to know what happened to her. Did she survive by hiding and running? 

I heard a knock on my door and I immediately sat up. 

"Come in," I said drying away my tears quickly. Mavis poked her head out. She'd been caring for me for about three days already, coming in to talk to me and bringing me in food. 

"Breakfast time!" She said with a smile as she held out a tray with food. 

"Thanks but I told you yesterday, I have legs and arms," I said. 

"Yeah but the kitchen is being rebuilt, and plus, who wouldn't love breakfast in bed?" She cheered and placed the tray on my tights. I looked down and saw scrambled eggs, two mini tomatoes, and bacon, all forming a smiley face. 

"Thanks," I said smiling. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked. 

"Much better, thank you for keeping me company. I think I am ready to talk now,"

"Are you sure? That's a bit too soon don't you think?" She asked worriedly. I shook my head in response, I own them an explanation even though I am still unsure of so many things. I also didn't want to go down, to see the other member's expressions even though Mavis reassured me yesterday that everyone was so thankful for their Luna while I felt like a murderer. But I couldn't hide forever. 

"Okay then, if that's what you want. Eat up and get changed, I'll come to pick you up in thirty minutes and we will go find Declan," She said before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. And yet another reason for my worry resurfaced once again. Declan, who hadn't come visit me since he found me in the woods. Mavis claimed that he is feeling guilty for not being there for me and the pack when this happened so he buried himself in work. Although I felt a bit angry and sad, I knew that his pack needed him more than I did to reassure them that nothing like this would ever happen again and I needed some time to myself to gather my thoughts before I share with them what the hell had happened.