> 23 <

I kept my eyes shut but I didn't feel anything hitting me, which made me think that I was already dead. When I opened my eyes, I saw the brown wolf laying on the ground with another one on top. The one on top was a mix of grey and brown and was clearly winning. I watched them tackle and bite each other until I closed my eyes, seeing as blood was starting to splash everywhere. Stacy hugged me back tightly, but she was clearly watching the show in front of her with shaky arms. I pulled her away and mumbled something about not looking.

My voice was shaky so I wasn't sure if she was able to understand but I took the hint when she herself looked away.

I didn't know who the other wolf was but I was pretty sure it was Marcel. Better late than never. I let out a sigh of relief about how stupid I could be by going out at night and putting Stacy in danger like this after all I am the mate of a big bad Alpha.

Not to mention a human mate.

I cried silent tears, my shoulders shook as I hugged Stacy tightly. I looked up to look at her but to my surprise she wasn't crying. She was just scared. Frightened even about the things that just occurred.

We heard a snap and winced knowing exactly what just happened. I looked at Marcel, who stood up in his wolf form, dropping the dead body of that wolf on the ground with a thud. He looked back at us, motioning with his head to go back home.

I got up with my shaky leg, pulling Stacy up too. We grabbed the bag with food although our appetites were long gone. She didn't speak or question what was going on but I knew that she knew that we were safe now.

It wasn't the first time I was saved from a wolf attack, it happened the very first time I met Declan but I've never watched one die before. It made me slightly feel sorry for what they were going through. They took care of each other and yet they also die to protect each other.

"I'm sorry," I said out loud, both to Stacy and Marcel. I put them both in danger of my selfish acts, I didn't even realize that I put both their lives in danger.

We walked home in silence, Stacy was in shock all the way until we reached her home and I let her down on the sofa. Marcel disappeared somewhere, probably to change back into his human form and something told me that Declan was on the way. Shivers on the back of my neck stood up at the thought of him coming now.

Let's just pray he won't loose it this time.