> 34 <

"B-Ben? W-What are you doing here?" I was too shocked to say anything. Seeing him after all these weeks really threw my mind over the bridge.

"Let's go, don't mind him," Stacy said, narrowing her eyes at him as she pulled me away.

"I'm afraid she's not going anywhere," he said. He reached out to grab my hand but Declan was faster and grabbed his.

"Don't touch her," he said, narrowing his eyes at him. 

"Who's he?" Ben asked, eyeing him up and down with judgment. He then looked at me for a reply but Declan then moved in front of me, blocking my view of him.

"Your bodyguard?" He scoffed with laughter. 

"Her boyfriend actually," Stacy immediately replied causing me to almost choke on the air around me. She tugged on my arm as if telling me to play along. 

"Is that true Bel?" He stepped out in order to look me in my eyes. 

"Y-Yes," I said. A werewolf boyfriend. 

He burst out laughing and I frowned. I can't believe I used to be in love with this guy but at the same time, I couldn't believe what he became. He used to be so kind and nice, the perfect first boyfriend but after a few months, he began to change. He became harsher and put me under pressure for things I didn't want to do. Stacy realized something was wrong and she pushed me to break up with him, which I'm glad I did. 

"A werewolf boyfriend, huh?" He said, smirking at my shocked expression. How did he know?

"I can smell these disgusting creatures from miles away," He replied to what I was thinking. Stacy and I were both frozen in shock.  

"D-Don't talk about them like that," I immediately burst out. 

"Why so defensive sweetheart? You probably don't even know what they do to humans. They get mad so easily and once blinded with rage, it doesn't take long before they go for the kill. Remember that night when you were attacked by a dog, turns out it was one of their kind and if I hadn't stepped in, you would have died," he said. 

My eyes widened and my mind went blank. I could feel Stacy tense body right next to mine. I didn't know what to say, or how to react but I couldn't let one bad experience cloud my judgment because Mavis and the others were so kind to me. 

"You should have seen that one, eyes filled with pure madness," 

"N-Not all of them are li-,"

"Well, at least we aren't some bloodsucking monsters," I looked at Declan with confusion. Bloodsucking monsters...does he mean a vampire. My eyes widened at the realization.

"Bel, you know I would never hurt you, come with me and leave him behind. We could go live in the city, just like you always wanted. Get an apartment, we can run our own coffee shop and live happy together, just like we planned," He said, flashing me that smile of his that used to always bring me comfort. But now, I could see that manipulative look on his face that told me things would never be the same, he was no longer that boy I fell in love with. Behind that smile, there were dark hidden intentions that I didn't even need Stacy to tell me.

"No, I am happy where I am. In fact, I'd love it if you left me alone from now on. Whatever we had is in the past, I've moved on and you should too," I said confidently but anger flashed through his eyes, turning them a dark red. He smiled again, not a sweet smile but his real one, flashing his fangs as he did so.

"I will never give up Bel, I'll come back for you. We are engaged after all."