> 46 <

"My dear Isabella," a woman said, her voice so gentle and bright. A young girl stood facing a brown-haired woman who was bending down. She cupped the small girl's face and brushed her cheek.

"I'm sorry that I have to do this to you," she said. Her voice cracking at the end. Isabella looked at her mother with glassy eyes.

"I-It's okay...I understand mommy," she said. She always tried to stay so strong for her parents when hardships arise.

"That's my dear Izzy," the woman said hugging her, tears finally spilling down the woman's cheek.

"Let me speak to Cathy please," the young girl nodded, she closed her eyes for a brief second and when she opened them again, they were blue instead of her usual brown color.

"I'm sorry to do this to you, but it's for the best,"

"I understand mother,"

"You won't be able to contact Izzy until the spell is broken. She will also won't remember about you, m-me, and the wolf pack during this period. When the right time comes, please let her know that everyone loved her very much. Everything I do is for the best for both of you," the woman said, unable to restrain in her tears any more. Cathy, who was Isabella's wolf, kept a straight mask on, concealing her true feelings within her. She knew if she were to let them show it would put their mother in a tough position.

"Your first change will be blocked too until the day you find your mate and he marks you at the age of eighteen. You will be able to protect yourself from then. Cathy, you will be free again, I'm sorry to bestow on you such pain and suffering but it is the only way to conceal your scent and identity. It is the only way to make you live."

"I understand m-mother," she said, her voice cracking slightly in the end.

"Both of you girls are so bright, mommy and Mika love you all very much," the mother said, turning to face the other way.

"I'm sorry to leave you with that bastard, but it's the only way," she said not glancing at her daughter.

"Do it now Fiona," her mother said. An elderly woman with white hair placed a hand on the young girl's shoulder. The girl's eyes immediately turned back to brown.

"M-Mommy! T-Take care, I love you so very mu-," before the young girl could finish, she fainted. The mother quickly turned around and caught her child.

"I love you very much too," she said with a sad smile.

- - -
A young woman sat against a tree, her body bare and naked. She wrapped her legs against her chest, her head placed down on her knees as she silently cried. Her entire body was shaking, it was not because it was dark and in the middle of the night. Her eyes were open as she let salty tears run down her knees. She couldn't close her eyes due to the horrific sight of what she just done that kept on making its appearance.

She was frightened at the faces and the blood that she just experienced that she couldn't even master out a single thought.

'I'm sorry Izzy, I-I...couldn't stand down while they tore innocent people apart...and I lost control, I'm so sorry.'

The voice said in her head, from the unfamiliar memories and visions that resurfaced her mind. She knew exactly who that was. Declan, Mavis, Tylor, and all the pack members, they have one too. A wolf side with its own consciousness. A friend who's always on their side. Yet Bella was slightly frightened at what her so-called friend did.

The pained wolf expressions couldn't leave her sight, even if they were rogues. She never thought that she'd harm another being or worse kill them.

'I'm sorry'

The wolf inside Bella's head, Cathy, apologizes for the fifth time since Bella took back the control and ran into the forest where she changed back. She knew she shouldn't blame her wolf side, she wanted to rip them all to shreds the very second she saw what they've done to her pack. She was responsible for losing control.

"Bella?" A familiar voice called out. Bella flinched, she knew exactly who it was. The soft voice sent chills down her spine. She didn't bother to look up, she didn't want to see the expression on his face. The disgust at what she just has done. She was scared that he was going to abandon her, and she couldn't live knowing his last expression and feeling towards her. She only wanted happy memories of Declan.

The footsteps grew louder but so did Bella's tears, her body started shaking more. She could feel his presence right in front of her, he reached out to her and the girl immediately closed her eyes, not knowing what will happen next. She felt something being wrapped around her.

Declan wrapped a blanket around his shaken up mate. He felt so sorry for her but most importantly he felt so disappointed in himself for not being there for her when everything went down. If only he'd listened to her in the first place, if only he'd stayed with her then none of this would have happened. She would have been with him when she changed.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice cracking as he was on the verge of tears. The girl's head stood up, watching her mate's tears run down his cheeks. She cried even more as she shook her head, she was unable to say anything but she did stand up, throwing her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"I will never let anything bad happen to you, I promise," he whispered in her ear. Bella pulled away shortly after, she opened her mouth to say something but Declan stopped her.

"It's okay, you don't need to say anything. Here," he wrapped the blanket around her and lifted her up, bridal style. He stood up and walked towards the pack house. Bella pressed herself around on his chest, a small weak smile was visible on her face as she felt her eyes close.

- - -
Instead of 100 comments, you guys gave me almost 200!! Thank you so much and hope you enjoyed this chapter.

xx writer