Part 28

-mistakes everywhere, not edited-

Tae is watching an angel feeding an elephant. The angel is smiling and talking cutely to the baby. The elephant is still young.

"Mike, you eat so much" Tee also giggles when the elephant try to steal the banana from the basket. Tee caress and pat the elephant happily.

"why you call it Mike?" that question make Tee stops doing his work, he stumbles backwards a few steps.

Tee feels like he can't breath. He can't believe the person who are asking him now. Tee put the basket down slowly and ready to run but Tae is faster. Tae pulls him into a hug.

"no, you can't run anymore. I catch you" whisper Tae, keep hugging his Tee.

"Phi Tae....what....what are you doing here?" ask Tee in sobs. He doesn't want to cry anymore because he is tired but today he cry again. He doesn't want to meet Tae, but he miss Tae so much.

"I'm here, finding my love"

"what? Who?"

"here. My love is here" said Tae. Tee cries harder. He returns Tae hugs more tighter.

Tae wipes Tee tears and kiss Tee's forehead. Tee is freeze on spot. Tae is kissing him! Why?!

"I found you" said Tae and cups Tee face with his hands.

"I found you" said Tae again and put their forehead together.

"Phi Tae, you shouldn't being here" whisper Tee and push Tae away. They can't be together.

"why?" ask Tae trying to hold Tee again but Tee avoid it.

"no phi! Please, go away. Leave me alone. I'm happy already with my life here. I can't be with you guys in Bangkok. Bangkok is not my place. I'm here, this is my place. Please go" said Tee and walking backwards slowly, he is ready to run again. He doesn't want to face the same trauma again. If he is not wanted and needed then he will find a place where he is needed. Like here, Chiang Mai

"No! Tee, I'm here for you. I don't care if Bangkok is not for you, as long as you are with me."

"why phi? Please go phi, I still have my dignity left. Don't step on it, that's all I have left. Please" Tee is begging in tears, he even put his palms together.

"no Tee, I can't, I will stay with you" said Tae back, tries to hold Tee hands but not success. Tee is not allow it.

"phi, Please go. Leave me alone" Tee pleads more and he even stands on his knee, begging.

Tae is shocked with Tee's action. He also stands on his knee, facing Tee. He makes Tee to face him but Tee refused it.

"Tee, listen to me..."

"no! No phi, I've hurt enough. Let me live like this, please...."

Tae puts their lips together. Forcing a kiss to Tee. Tee is stunned and lost his mind. Tee just freeze and Tae hugs Tee after kissing him.

"I'm not going anywhere. Tee, I love you" said Tae and Tee still doesn't show any reaction.

"Phi Tae...what are you doing?" Tee can't read the situation anymore. His mind is blank, as blank as his face.

"I kissed and hugged you" Tae said smoothly. He regrets nothing and he glads he did that.

"eh, why?" Now Tee shows his naivety again. Tae sigh before makes Tee look at him, eyes by eyes.

"Tee, I don't know since when but I'm very sure now, I. Love. You. " said Tae the last sentence one word by word.

Tee can understand the sentence but he still can't understand the meaning of it and why, why Tae loves him?

"Tee, shut your mouth or I will kiss you again"  warn Tae and Tee make sure he close his mouth, he even use both of his hands. Tae chuckles at that, Tee is the cutest.

"let's stand up, my knee is hurting" said Tae and helps Tee to stand too. They are standing and staring at each other

"Phi Tae" called Tee and hugs Tae. This time he doesn't care anymore. He miss Tae.

Tae rubs Tee's back and kiss Tee's head. If Godt and Kimmon see this, they might force a history writer to write about this. Tae is treating someone with love.

"let's go" Tae tries to drag Tee together with him but Tee stops him.

"no phi, I have to finish my work. Look, Mike is hungry" said Tee and pointing at the elephant that try hard to take the banana from the basket.

Tae laugh a bit and take a banana and give it to the elephant.

"why the name is Mike?" ask Tae and staring at Tee fondly.

"it's short for Michael. He loves Michael Jackson songs" Tee laugh too. It's funny when he remembers how the elephant becomes calm after listening to Michael Jackson songs.

"wow, unique" Tae is not that amaze, he just doesn't want to look so blank so he just give a blank comment.

Tee hits Tae chest lightly. He knows  Tae so much and he knows when Tae is being sincere or sarcastic.

"Tee, I miss you. All of us miss you" said Tae. Tee stops his movement again. He sigh and look at Tae.

"hey, I'm not saying you have go back to Bangkok now, what I mean is, there is your life too. Everyone loves you, they are waiting for you." Tae caress Tee cheeks softly.

"I don't know what my grandmother and you brothers grandmother have told you, trust me, none of it is true. You always told me not to judge people but get to know them to know about them. All of us know you more than them. So, who you should trust?" Tae wants to make sure Tee understand. Tee is precious.

"You." Tee answer makes Tae smiles wide.

"there, you have your answer. It's right, you are not related by blood to those kiddos but you are the one who have been taking care of them. No one can change that. Be proud of yourself, you raised those two wisely. They got enough food and clothes, you even prepare them a shelter although it's not so safe"

Tee pinches Tae arms. Tae sure knows how to spoil his great speech. But Tee understand Tae, Tae is comforting him.

"Thank you phi. You talk a lot today. Your mouth might be tired" Tae laugh at that.

Tee put both his hands on Tae's cheeks and massage it softly. Tee stares at Tae fondly.

"Phi, I can't go now to Bangkok. I need to wait till I've got the replacement for my jobs. Can, can you wait for me?" Tee is scared, he is no one and now he is asking for Tae to wait for him.

"of course. I will wait for you" said Tae confident.

"how are they?" ask Tee when they are already sitting on the bench nearby.

Tae told Tee everything.

"How could Mrs Maria do that? Bbas and Copter are her grandchildren" Tee is sad by the news he heard.

"that's why I'm saying, no one can love them like you love them. We need you there, we will fight together this time."

"okay Phi. I will save my brothers."

"that's the spirit."

They talk about something else, about Tee's life in Chiang Mai.

"Tee,  I'm sorry I'm not here when you face all of this" said Tae, he really hopes Tee didn't face all of this alone.

Tee reach for Tae's hands and grabs it.

"I'm glad you are looking for me"