Chapter 23 "Melting"

{Previously:

"Not like this." Chaeyoung said as she grab a tshirt on there closet and dressed her, "Good night."

"Love you." Mina smiled, and closed her eyes drifting away.}

~•~

Mina was already at there dorm back from the reality on the next following days. They were on a scheduled photoshoot, shows and more fansigning events to come.

Chaeyoung on the other hand finished different beats of the song from the weekend, and was waiting for Jihyo to spare her time to record the song samples.

Mina and Chaeyoung was busy, so they have never felt the busy schedule of each other. If they took small breaks, they would call each other to hear each other's voices.

"Chaeyoung ah." Her door flung open again as someone called her.

"Yeah yeah yeah?" Chaeyoung repeatedly said as she drop the volume from her room.

"Are you done with the other lyrics?" The person was Twice song producer for the next comeback.

'Oh shit.' Chaeyoung thought of, "Getting there, just need the final arrangement." Chaeyoung then remembered Mina's work, she pulls out the paper from her bag and smiled to the producer, letting him know that she's working on it.

"Oh, hey. Look at this." Taecyeon came in closer to Chaeyoung and let her watch a video from her phone, "You should be an idol."

Chaeyoung chuckled, she was watching a video of herself back when she was in the university, performing Work and Jackpot. It could be that the students have uploaded it out on SNS.

"There's even a news about it." Taecyeon then shows her a different website.

Chaeyoung read the headline, 'JYP's multi talented lyricist needs to be an idol!' as Taecyeon scrolls further to the article, the sentence she've red as well was, 'Lyricist/Composer/Song producer/Rapper/Artsy/Photographer/Beautiful/Handsome.

"That's old news." Chaeyoung retorted, "That's the time when the song I have produced became a hit." Chaeyoung said humbly as she check the date at the back of the paper she have on her hand.

"You even have a fans club. What are you really?" Taecyeon was so curious on what kind of famous student was Chaeyoung back then, "I'll just get going." The producer uttered as Chaeyoung starts to ignore her.

Chaeyoung played the added track that was sent to her, 'I'm pretty sad right now.' Chaeyoung recalls what Mina said when she volunteers to write it.

(I highly suggest to listen to this while you read next scene below :) )

(If the video doesn't work on your mobile: open your youtube app first, then go back to wattpad, click the video on this story again.)

https://youtu.be/8TIUuY9HvRY

트와이스 (TWICE) - 녹아요 (Melting) Piano Cover

She maxed out the volume as she put in her headphones and reads the paper with Mina's handwriting on it. It was kind of a letter to her but was divided on every part, she didn't want to assume but who else would Mina wrote it.

"Is this what you feel?" Chaeyoung mumbled under her breath. She was closely reading it with the medley on her ear.

"Chaeyoung ah."

Chaeyoung didn't hear the one who's calling her, the person sat on the couch and was waiting for Chaeyoung to snap out from her world.

"Hey, are you crying?" The person tried to shake Chaeyoung's chair, after waiting for ten minutes.

"Oh." Chaeyoung wipes the tear from her cheeks, she let out a heavy sigh first before removing her headphones, "Jihyo, can you give me some time?" Chaeyoung smiles and received a nod from Jihyo.

Chaeyoung have gone to the elevator and pressed the top floor, she then goes up to the rooftop by the stairs. The weather was nice that day, the calm breeze hit her face as she absorb the letter through her head, her heart aches trying to remember it.

Her phone vibrated several times, she didn't notice it until now. 'Seven missed calls' on what it shows on the screen and another call was received again.

[Where are you?!] The other party's voice, sounds so frantic and it just made Chaeyoung smile.

"So this is how it feels when you really love someone?" Chaeyoung held her chest, it was ripping apart, "It'll still hurt."

[W-what? Tell me where you are!]

"Mina." Chaeyoung sighed, she was like a deaf ignoring the caller, "Are you already tired of us?"

[Talk to me!]

"Do I always make you feel sad?" Chaeyoung said as she looked at the sky, leaning her back against the rooftop fence.

[Im worried, Chaeyoung.] The other party was already sobbing,

"I-I am at the rooftop." The call then got hang up after, "I've made you cry again." Chaeyoung then closed her eyes as the sun struck her face when the clouds wind up away.

Chaeyoung then felt her body drift from a tight squeeze. It was the familiar scent she'll never get tired of, she open her eyes and saw her lover hugging her tight.

"Stupid." Mina was sobbing on her shoulder, "Are you in your own world again?" Her cry got heavier as she tries to talk to Chaeyoung.

"Why are you so worried?" Chaeyoung pushed Mina lightly and brushed off the tears on her face. "Sorry." She felt guilty looking at Mina.

"Jihyo called me, she said you were crying and went away." Mina pulled the hem of Chaeyoung's shirt, her knees were weak due to crying.

Mina knew that Chaeyoung barely cries, so she was really worried about her lover.

"I've red your letter." Chaeyoung said still caressing Mina's face, "It strike me hard."

"Is it because of that?" Mina doubted her answer.

"I can't imagine my world without you." Chaeyoung held Mina's arm to support her from standing, "I hope you love me as much as I do for you."

"I do." Mina was now calm from Chaeyoung's touch. "What are you doing?" Mina wrinkled her forehead when she saw what Chaeyoung is up to.

Chaeyoung bent her other knee, and got a red velvet box on her pocket.

"Minari." Chaeyoung said looking down as she opened the box, "Will you marry me?" Chaeyoung then looked at Mina, opening a box with a wedding ring in it.

Mina was frozen, paralyzed from the moment. The breeze hit her face and her hair swifts with it. She can't believe if it was happening. Mina's knees got weak, as she fell with her bodyweight on to the ground, she held her face and cried harder than before.

"I'm assuming that's a no?" Chaeyoung said as she got closer to the girl and let her head rest in her shoulder.

Mina hit Chaeyoung's shoulder lightly as she heard the word 'No.'

"I will." Mina then replied holding Chaeyoung's hand. She was trembling from the scene.

Chaeyoung traces Mina's hand and kissed her forehead, she then wore the ring to her. It was a perfect fit, like it was really made for her.