Chapter 36 "Rooftop"

{Previously:

"But we have just broke up weeks ago."}

Chaeyoung was interrupted with the girls reactions, everyone gasped but was more excited by that news, "Our schedules don't match, it's really hard to meet up with each other."

"Let's drink to that!" Jihyo said and everyone lift up there cup and pushed it with each others. "Cheers!"

It was already dawn when everyone got really sleepy, they have slept in the mat that Chaeyoung prepared, they've set aside the long table to give enough space for them to sleep. Some of the girls piled up on Chaeyoung's sofa bed, she didn't mind though.

Chaeyoung was seating on a high place, she loves to see the twilight. Chaeyoung was always having a hard time sleeping anyway, that's maybe the reason she loves dawn.

The cold breeze tries to loop in to her jacket as it wind up. She sniffed in the coldness and let it embrace her.

"Chaeyoung ah?" Someone called her from behind, she was walking unstably as she reached her, "So it leads to a rooftop."

Chaeyoung mostly loves the rooftop scenery she have on her cafe, the city light was visible and the retro designed bar infront of her cafe was also a plus; the violet, pink, blue, and green lights illuminating her rooftop brightly was aesthetic. The music from the bar was her background music, the place was a paradise to her.

"How did you know how to get here?" Chaeyoung asked as the latter seat beside her, it was an old ladderize bench seat from a soccer field, "Jeongyeon?" Chaeyoung shook her trying to awaken her soul.

"The door was open, you forgot to close it." Jeongyeon said after finding it hard to open her eyes from the bright lights, "I never knew that there is a hidden door." Jeongyeon explained how the door was designed like a wood panel as well hiding on the wall's pattern.

"That's why it is called hidden." Chaeyoung chuckled from Jeongyeon's answer.

"Ahhhh. It's cold." Jeongyeon breathe out a smoke from her mouth due to the cold weather. "How are you?"

Chaeyoung chuckled once more, she was not sure if it was a serious or a sleepy - drunk question.

"Why have you left?" Jeongyeon added and Chaeyoung knew then that she was serious. "We were worried."

"Sorry." Chaeyoung breathe out, "Everything was just so hard." She then open up, Jeongyeon might be the mastermind of all the pranks but she take a serious situation seriously.

"We understand. It's just so sudden." Jeongyeon turned her back from the bright lights, the lights were blinding her eyes.

"I've tried to forget everything. I know it'll be hard for me, if I'll keep in touch of everything involving her." Chaeyoung reasoned out, her mind is now recollecting her past.

"So you've dated Yugyeom?" Jeongyeon asked more, hugging herself from the coldness.

"That's not it. He was caring, he worries a lot about me, I've tried."

"You've tried?" Jeongyeon asked, she remembers how Chaeyoung reasoned out a while ago that they were both busy that's why they broke up.

"He really makes time for us to meet, to see me. But I still keep myself busy, my mind tries but my heart can't." Chaeyoung pity Yugyeom on what she've done, but she never took advantage of his kindness.

"So you still love Mina?"

"She have a special place in my heart but I don't know if I can still trust to love her." Chaeyoung was honest for all of her answer, she saw how Jeongyeon sincerely worries about her and Mina.