Chapter 44 "Obsess"

{Previously:

"So." But Rose didn't buy it, "You like girls?" }

Chaeyoung coughed in, she was choking on her own air way, "S-sorry?"

"I knew it." Rose gave her a laugh, while she was receiving an uncomfortable look, "I'm from the states Chaeyoung, you don't have to worry about it."

"Sorry."

"I have a girlfriend."

Chaeyoung cough once more, Rose was always straightforward and confident but she didn't expect all of that from her. They haven't even talk about anything on there personal life.

"So? Is it Mina?"

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip and avoided her gaze, "It's.. It's complicated."

"Alright then." Rose got the signal, and trailed off on her personal space, "Anyway, I have discussed with the team yesterday, and they love the plan of having an art gallery viewing before the runaway show as an opening piece.

Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief, "That's perfect."

"I've got to be honest with you, Chaeyoung. You don't fit here."

Chaeyoung was unsure about what she have just said, "You said they love it?"

"No. I mean, here in Korea, your talents is a waste here." Rose then starts to hover over the sketches that Chaeyoung have drawn, "Like this, it was a great design and a model but you said Korea is too conservative and it will make it too controversial. That's a bullshit."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Your liberal mind, crazy ideas, and compelling talent. Why don't you join our team at Australia instead of being a freelancer here?"

Chaeyoung was surprised of all the compliment, she didn't knew she possess that much impression to them, "I... need to think about it."

"Take your time."

"Ms. Mina is here." The guard opens the door after receiving a go signal from the other end.

"Hey." Chaeyoung stood up and checks her watch, '5PM'

"We had a shoot near here, so I drop by." It was a lie but Mina pulled it off.

"Just in time, we're finish anyway." Rose stood up, hugging in the files they have looked over.

"Ah, yeah. Do you want to have a dinner with us?" Chaeyoung asks Rose as a sign of courtesy.

"I'm fine." Rose smiles to Mina, walking towards the exit.

"Thank you for the time." Chaeyoung replied as she followed Rose behind, walking her out of the gallery.

Mina was just trailing behind Chaeyoung, when Rose was about to exit, she reached in to Chaeyoung's hand and intertwines them - claiming her property.

"Anyway." Rose looks behind and saw them hand in hand, she hid the shock from her face and glance her way back to Chaeyoung, "I'll... get going."

Chaeyoung had to let go of Mina's hand, it wasn't the time to be clingy as of the moment. She felt awkward now for what suddenly happened.

"What are you doing?!" Chaeyoung agrresively said when they have gone back to her office.

"What?"

Chaeyoung looks annoyed more than embarassed.

"You shouldn't be doing that, especially infront of my client!" Chaeyoung brushes her hair back, frustrated.

"What are you mad about?!"

"Are you crazy?!" Chaeyoung said, loud enough to echoe across the room.

"What's your problem?!" Mina whispered but loud enough to know how she stresses to ask.

Chaeyoung paused for a moment when Mina came closer to her, her teeth grits from anger. She wasn't even sure why she was mad but she was just venting everything to Mina.

"Me?!" Chaeyoung scoffs when Mina stops her stance infront of her.

"Fuck this, Chaeyoung. I have never been this desperate in my life!"

"How about your career then?!"

"Can you stop bringing up the past!"

"Then stop being so obsess about us!"

Chaeyoung's face were red as the sound resonated in the room. She was looking at the ground from the impact.

Mina slap her hard, she bit her lips from what she have heard from Chaeyoung. It was a different kind of pain.

"I don't know you anymore."

Mina left from the scene with that, slamming the door close.

Chaeyoung held her face, and closed her eyes. She punched through the wall to get it out, she hates how her heart stills rejects Mina.

"Mina?" Sana jogs over at the foot of there dorm's building when Mina went off on a cab.

"Hey, Sana. Where have you been?"

"From the convenience store." She looked at Mina worriedly, "Shouldn't I be the one asking that?"

"Ah." Mina chuckled, "Y-yeah. I've drop by at Chaeyoung's gallery."

Sana followed Mina as they walk through the elevator.

"She didn't drive you home?" Sana knows Chaeyoung wouldn't let her take a cab alone in the middle of the night.

"Just..." Mina huffs looking at the floor numbers, "Something came up."

"Tell me." Sana held Mina's wrist when she was about to open there front door, "Chaeyoung wouldn't let you take a cab at this hour."

"That's Chaeyoung." Mina grips tightly at the knob before she opens it, "She's not the Chaeyoung that we know anymore."