Chapter 37 "Insomnia"

{Previously:

Chaeyoung felt Mina's teardrops on her neck. 'She's crying.' They were both standing at the spot, giving in on what they have been longing before.}

~•~

"Hi. Is Chaeyoung here?" Mina chimed in at the cafe, looking for the latter.

"She's here." The waiter said and Mina was just looking at her, "I mean, in Seoul, but she haven't come back here at the cafe yet."

"Ah, got it. Thanks." Mina softly smiled and proceeded with her order.

It has been five days since the rooftop incident, after that night Chaeyoung was avoiding her, that was Mina's pressumptions. Chaeyoung haven't contacted her nor the girls, and she's quite aggravated by it.

Mina tries to go to the cafe when she had time and look for Chaeyoung, her members also helps her whenever they drop by at the cafe but there wasn't any sign of her for two weeks now.

"That stupid cub." Jeongyeon said across the mirror of JYP's dance room. "What was she thinking?" She followed looking at Mina through the mirror.

"Let's assume she's busy." Mina heavily breathe from the dancing.

"She's getting busy for a reason." Jeongyeon felt Mina's frustration, she remember what Chaeyoung told her about getting herself busy.

"Let's just stop talking about her." Nayeon said as she was getting frustrated as well by the situation.

After there practice ended, they went to take a shower first before going back at there dorm. It was already dark when they have arrived.

"I'll just go at the cafe again." Mina said as they step out from the van, arriving outside there apartment building.

"You don't have to do this." Nayeon said as she tries to take pity of her.

"I know." Mina smiled and left them, she then walked along the street to the cafe.

Mina was so familiar on the way, even when her eyes close, she can still reach the cafe safely. Mina gave in another go, she breath heavily and pushed the glass door.

"Hi." Mina smiled warmly again, the crew already knew her. "Is Chaeyoung here?"

The crew shook her head apologetically, "But her brother is here, he's at the second floor."

Mina felt a shed of light in her heart, "Thank you." She then rushly left the counter and walked up stairs, the waiter was right, it was her brother.

"Oh, hello." Chaeyoung's brother greeted Mina as soon as she saw her, "You're from Twice, right?"

"Y-yeah." Mina bows to greet him, "Sorry, I was just looking for Chaeyoung." She cuts to the chase and tried to ask.

"She's probably at her gallery."

"Gallery?"

"Oh. She's opening one at the end of the year, it's in. . ." Chaeyoung's brother spilled everything, Mina was so thankful on how talkative her brother could be.

Mina then left the cafe in no time, after having the location of the gallery. She hailed a cab and wished Chaeyoung would really be there.

"Ma'am, sorry but this gallery is still close." The security made way to Mina as she tries to get inside.

"Is the owner here? Ms. Son Chaeyoung?"

"She is, but I need to check with her first. What's your name?" Mina didn't hesitate to give her full name before the security left.