Chapter 31 "Forget"

{Previously:

[That's fine.]

Chaeyoung looked back at her screen, it was definitely her voice but with a different number. She was stunned as she heard the other line clearly, her lips was unable to move.

[It's Mina.] }

[Are you still there?]

"Y-yes." Chaeyoung shook her head, she could be dreaming.

[Can we meet tomorrow at the rooftop?]

"Morning?"

[Yeah. A-are you busy?]

"No." Chaeyoung didn't hesitate and she hate herself for being so head over heels for her. "I'll see you there."

[Okay.]

Then the call got hanged up. Chaeyoung was pretty confused at the moment but she was happy that she heard the voice of her girl after a long time.

~•~

Morning came and Chaeyoung's happiness was replaced with nervous, she overthinks of the conversation last night and was unable to sleep properly. Chaeyoung walks around the rooftop with little steps.

Waiting makes her go crazy. The metal door open behind her, and it was the person she was expecting, Mina. So it wasn't a prank call afterall.

"Hey." Chaeyoung firstly called out, "How are you?"

"I have..." Mina was avoiding Chaeyoung's eyes from the start, "I have something to tell you." She continued, she looks more nervous than Chaeyoung.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung wrinkled her forehead, she was so clueless as of the moment and have no idea what to expect.

"You know how I really dreamt on where I am right now." Mina looks at the ground, she fidget her hands as she contemplates, "I.. I wish you feel how confused, scared and hate myself right now."

"Cut to the chase." Chaeyoung felt something was pinning through her chest, she surely hates to wonder.

Mina removed the ring slowly from her ring finger and slowly lifts Chaeyoung's hand, resting the ring on her palm. Mina finally looked at Chaeyoung while her eyes was in the verge of crying.

"I.. I'm scared to lose my dream right now." Mina bit her lip as her tears streamed in to her face, and Chaeyoung avoids her gaze by looking at the ground, "I didn't what to lose you either, but I can't have you."

"What..." Chaeyoung was speechless as she shut her eyes, "Why can't you have me?"

"I'm sorry." Mina did let go of Chaeyoung's hand, but Chaeyoung hangs there, her hand was frozen and her body wasn't cooperating with her mind.

That's the time Chaeyoung's tears started to fold on her cheeks, she opens her eyes and looked at the ring. She looked at Mina, Chaeyoung's eyes was pleading but she knew she can't change her decision, Mina were always so decisive on what she wants.

"We could work it out." But Chaeyoung still tried. "We've already done it." And tried.

"I can't." Mina shortly replied.

"You can't huh." Chaeyoung mumbled, her feelings were balled up to her hand forming into a fist. She felt like it was a one sided decision, and there's nothing she can't do about it.

"Sorry." Mina bit her lower lip harder, it was almost bleeding.

"Don't be." Chaeyoung wipe her eyes, her stern look change as she stares at the sky blankly.

Chaeyoung threw the ring away and she wished her feelings would disappear with it.

Mina then turns around and walked out of the rooftop door, she can't stay any longer with a weak heart and a weak mind she always had.

"Forget about what we have." Chaeyoung's husky voice went through to Mina when she held the doorknob, "Forget about me."