Chapter 0: Prologue

5th Millennia of the Alliance Calendar

War is a concept no one should ever experience. To pit individuals of all races against each other for the survival of the universe is such a merciful act. This war... this war had a purpose once... of gaining magic power reserves to sustain organic life. The war over magic power was apparent and unavoidable as magic power was the basis of all life and it was running out. 

Since the beginning, this was the purpose for the war, but now that the war had continued on for two millennia it has ravaged planets and entire civilizations. Almost all the inhabitants of the universe had forgotten the true meaning of this war and has been long forgotten evolving into eradication and survival.

The genocide of races set forth the darkest times. Many fought for their survival but, all for naught. No one is alive and able to be called a lifeform, let alone living. This universe has lost its last hope of life, the last star has died years ago and the only thing lighting up the dark empty space was the light from explosives during this war.

Despite my morality and being blessed with longevity, I have lived and fought since the beginning of this war spanning two millennia. The name I have been given by my birth parents has been long forgotten because war has been my life ever since I was born. All I ever thought about was war, fighting, and surviving. The only thing left for myself was the name given to me by the inhabitants of this universe which was, Indra, which in common meant God of War and Destruction.

Indra, who has only seen war have never felt the kind touch of another. A lonely machine trained and built for battle. War doesn't allow such things as emotions and feelings for another to hinder his fighting capacity. Though among all the races he has protected in this alliance and those whom he has vanquished in the void, Humanity was my race of origin.

His main purpose was to fight for the survival of his race with all his power but, what is the meaning of fighting for humanity when there is no humanity left to fight for? Before realizing how much this war has cost him, he was the last remaining member of the human race. The reality of this universe was that he wasn't just the only remaining member of the human race, he was one of the two remaining lifeforms in this universe.

That was when he met her, an ally of my opponents, and an enemy of my allies, her name was given to her by here people alike with mine. A perfect weapon built on the same goal as Indra, to fight and survive this bloody war, though she seemed to remember her origin name unlike Indra, soldiers of each side attuned her as, Sicily, the Goddess of Warfare and Destruction.

As of right now, he would've never imagined that both God and Goddess of each respective side would be the only two people left alive in this universe.

None can foretell the battle to come between two gods. Destruction would be imminent for everything within their blast radius. This universe was already doomed from the start.

At the moment Sicily and Indra were standing in space 50 paces in front of each other beside the corpses of many dead allies and enemies floating in the midst of endless space, deep breaths can be seen from both of them as we have been in battles before this. Blood can be observed drenching the both of us.

He whispers to myself, "Sicily, never in my entire life have I thought we would be the only two left in this universe, I pray upon those who are deceased that I will win!" Immediately after he whispered to himself Sicily spoke out in a feminine yet slightly masculine tone. "I, Sicily, Goddess of War and Destruction of the Void will slay you for my people." She thereafter takes out her Celestial Void Scythe clad in a jet black aura.

In reply to her unleashing her weapon, Indra unsheathes his weapon, The Blade of Origins Flame. Indra was never a person for anything else but battle, but from basic instinct, we both knew that only one of us was to continue living as a result from this battle. We were both hesitant to attack at first as we knew how exhausted and depleted our magic power was and being well aware of the feats and accomplishments both have done for their opposing sides of the war.