Chapter 11: Jason and Lavris

8th Month of the Yumas Calendar

Seconds pass with the overwhelming bloodthirst encompassing the immediate vicinity. Auntie Alicia and priestess Renner finally snap out of their immediate shock and frozen status. They prioritized the safety of the younger ones.

"Hazel! Lucy! Get the children to their rooms immediately! There is someone very dangerous nearby!" [Alicia & Renner]

Shocked at the sudden command and the worrisome faces of the priestess Alicia and Renner, they immediately obey.

"Yes ma'am!!" [Lucy & Hazel]

Alicia remembered that Clover went off to his room, to her knowledge he should be safe already.

"Alicia, the blood lust is coming from the field, and it is extremely volatile." [Renner]

"...." [Alicia]

Auntie Alicia didn't know what to do in this situation, she needed to check out the source of the disturbance but hesitated to do so. She thought to herself, 'we need to ensure the safety of everyone. Clover said he was in his room doing something, I'll trust him on that.'

Priestess Renner and auntie Alicia came to the conclusion that they should check the field, they are seasoned warriors after all so they were the most inclined to do so. Before they went over to the field, priestess Renner told Chef Jeffrey to contact Robin about the sudden situation.

"Yeah. I'll quickly head over there." [Jeffrey]

Priestess Alicia and priestess Renner quickly run over to the back entrance of the orphanage leading to the field. Once they opened the door, the source blood lust immediately vanished leaving subtle hints of aura in the air.

"Huh? It's gone." [Renner]

"Let's not assume the source of that dense aura isn't around, let's search and make sure. Be careful." [Alicia]

Priestess Renner nods in agreement and follows suit with Alicia in search of the source. Little to their knowledge, the source of that dense blood lust was long gone in a different area as if it teleported away.

In the field where Clover was training appeared two grown men with black cloaks tied together, and Clover standing above them.

"Woo.. Almost got caught by auntie Alicia and priestess Renner. To think I would be quick enough to run to the shed and fetch some rope..." [Clover]

Clover wipes the nervous sweat off his forehead and looks at the two unconscious men he captured.

"Tch! I didn't think I would render him unconscious just like that." [Clover]

Clover remembers just a few minutes ago before he teleported away when he released is overwhelming killing intent. The man Clover was fighting against was on the ground rendered in fear. The aura seeping from Clover happened to be too intense for him to keep conscious, so he mentally knocked out after Clover increased it by a minuscule amount.

Back in the training field were Clover and the captured assailants are at, Clover predicted that they wouldn't wake up for a while, so he further reinforced the restrainment by tying them up against a tree with some extra rope and made sure they didn't have any sneaky weapons hidden within their sleeves.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow morning after breakfast, that's when you should wake up anyway." [Clover]

Clover was slightly worried about leaving them there, not because he thought they would escape but they might get killed by wild animals. Clover set up a quick barrier around them to prevent monsters from getting to them.