(Final)Chapter 37: Words of Parting (5)

9th month of the Yumas Calendar. 

Everyone in the carriages were ogling at the new home which happens to be three stories high and contains 27 windows per floor. The pillars of the home were pure white, just like marble. They may actually be marble.

"Ehhhhh... " [Clover]

In that time, Montmorency walks out of the front door which is twice his height and able to fit 5 people across. Typical as the one who offered the use of the new home, for the person to be there himself was quite... underwhelming.

"Welcome, welcome!" [Montmorency]

After the greeting from Montmorency and his handmaids that are present in the home, but to the kids a mansion, the next few hours of settling into the new 'house' went smoothly, with the unloading process being simple taking place in the grand lobby of the mansion.

Clover was assigned a room but didn't bother to settle into it too much. He did put a few of his personal things that he didn't need to bring along on his journey in the room, but that was simplistic enough.

Dinner was cooked by Chef Jeffrey and the staff under him with help from the newly hired support kitchen employees hired by the Gilford group. Dinner was cooked way faster than usual with the incorporation of the new kitchen staff.

All the events going on within the new establishment was going well for the time being. Everyone was adapting to their new environment and enjoying the new life that was given to them. The staff members are enjoying their new staff only rooms and the new hires that were given to them as an incentive from the Gilford Group.

The night came and was gone in a flash until the sunlight enveloped the land surrounding the new orphanage building. Clover was up early as usual and getting his stuff ready for travel. Though most of his equipment that he didn't need to carry was in his dimensional storage or inventory. Clarent, early in the morning managed to get Clover's request finished and delivered first thing in the morning.

Clover put on his new armor which was basic brown leather armor. But the catch towards his new upgrade was what was layered on top of his new leather armor. Clarent's smithing shop managed to get ahold of the scales of the shadow wyvern from the Gilford groups which were void black. Interestingly enough, Clarent also added a note to something interesting about the scales.

[[From Clarent,

You may have already noticed, you've gotten an upgrade on the armor as you requested! If the scales of the wyvern were able to take multiple strikes from you, they must be really strong! So I added them onto the armor. While adding them on, I found something interesting about the scales. If you add mana to the scales... they change color!! So yeah, that's why your armor is a different color than what you asked for. Sorry! It gives you something to experiment with on your journey from yours truly! Good luck!

P.S. I also added a big bag of scales. You can probably make use of this.]]

Clover read the overzealous note about the new information about his new armor.

"Hmmm, they change color huh." [Clover]

Clover was thinking of all the potential actions and/or things he could do with his scales. Now that he was given the option of having this material, (at the moment Clover didn't think of taking the scales) he was now going to experiment with them to pass the travel time.

"I owe you again Clarent." [Clover]

The sun was just starting to clear the horizon and everyone in the orphanage was starting to entire their morning routine. Clover fastened his leather (shadow wyvern scale) armor by pulling them through the brackets. Clover had light-scale armor which allowed air to pass through the joints for great mobility. As finishing touches, Clover put on a cloak to make sure he can cover himself, as a 13-year-old traveling on his own would be suspicious in of itself.