Chapter 30: Feeding Grounds

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

"Noooooooo!!" [Lucy]

"You annoying brat! I'll throw you into the pit first for his appetizer!" [Hindefreed]

"Noo! Please don't!" [Lucy]

"Don't do this please!" [Hazel]

"This will teach you to mess with me!" [Hindefreed]

The feeding grounds was a very large underground room with an elevated platform which looked down onto the 'feeding grounds' many bones of humans are down there which suggested that many people have been thrown down there and met their demise to something.

Hindefreed pulled on the blonde hair that was Lucy's and tossed her down the pit.

"Ahhh!" [Lucy]

It was a long fall consisting of eight feet, which might have caused a little bit of damage. Lucy was visibly shaken and in complete despair.

"No Lucy!" [Hazel]

Hazel reaches out from the elevated platform, in turn, to reach out towards Lucy who had just been tossed into the pit.

"You join her too! Die and agonizing death!" [Hindefreed]

"Kyaaa!!" [Hazel]

Hazel was kicked off the elevated platform, into the pit to join Lucy in her despair. The two girls are now in the feeding grounds surrounded by human remains, the word despair couldn't even be used to describe the emotions they are feeling as they lay there in the pit scared and in extreme distress.

"Gyahahaha! You two skanks! Suffer a long and painful death by feeding my pet!" [Hindefreed]

Hindefreed pulled on a lever that was on the floor next to him. The elver was connected to chains which was then pulled to activate the opening mechanism of a large magically reinforced steel within the pit.

A large roar emanated from the depths of the large gate which shook the feeding room. The bones on the floor were shaking violently just from and single roar and the flames and magical lighting which illuminated the room started flickering.

"Behold!! My pet!" [Hindefreed]

Coming out of the dark gateway was two large dragon-like feet each protruding with large claws, and a jet black, scale-like body with red tips. The sight from this creature would make anyone sick as it was one the was a rare sight to see in general. Those who've gazed upon this creature never come out alive, the reasons being that it kills those who gaze upon it immediately. That is the reason why there are barely any accounts of this creature.

"Shadow Wyvern..." [Hazel]

Hazel remembers talking about it with Clover during her little date at Ironlite Smithy when he was captivated by a certain sword which contained the aura of death and was covered immediately by Clarent.

The fake dragon which power was almost able to rival those of the original race it came from, a strain of dragons which had lost its loyalty to its kin, an unrivaled power of its immediate race, the rare and extremely dangerous creature which was the shadow wyvern

"Feed my hungry one." [Hindefreed]

Hindefreed pointed at the two girls on the opposite side of the pit from where the wyvern had entered.

The wyvern roared again as it has found its prey and its sustenance for survival of the day. It charges at the two girls who lay their scared of death but bravely enduring the pain.

"Clover...." [Hazel]

Hazel remembers all the things she's wanted to do with Clover, the instances of young love and the urge to spend as much time with the one you have a crush with. To have them close, to have fun with them, to endure hardships with them, to be there for them in their time of need. Hazel wanted to experience all of these things. But it seems the lives of both these girls will be cut short.