Chapter 27: Double Blade

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

Clover assumed that the shadows surrounding Jane are made out of some sort of magic and that the shadows are able to tear through flesh with ease. Clover as well needed to conserve mana just incase because of his wariness of the effects he suffered previously.

"All right, I'll give you one hit then, I'll stand still and won't react to it." [Jane]

Jane seemed to be utterly cocky and really underestimating of Clover. This was to be expected as Clover was a phenomenon out of this world and thus, Clover came up with a plan to fight Jane.

He would be using his close quarters combat skills which are really well developed. He did get used to the body after all after 12 years of living in it. To stop the shadows from shredding his skins when coming into contact with them, he would layer his fists coming into contact with the shadow with a very thin layer of his signature void magic transporting to a different part of the room. With this, he would create an opening in her armor to punch her real body.

"Give me your best shot CHILD!!" [Jane]

"Ha. Your cockiness annoys me." [Clover]

Clover was starting to get annoyed at Jane's cocky nature, after all, someone as young and inexperienced in warfare as she was, compared to Clover was infinitely minuscule. Clover who was built for the sole purpose of warfare and bathed in the blood of his own victims for over two millennia, before he came into this world was starting to resurface as he was getting annoyed.

"I'll show you your place." [Clover]

Clover standing across the room from Jane instantly disappeared.

"What?! You having stealth magic?! Where are you??" [Jane]

Jane positions herself in a defensive stance with the shadow now concentrating on defense. Clover appeared behind him.

"What? I thought you were going to stand still?" [Clover]

Clover then put some force into his fist and covered it with a thin layer of void magic.

"Ha! Even if you catch me off guard with your invisibility you still won't be able... GUH!!" [Jane]

Clover punched Jane on her left side. Using his void magic to teleport the shadow defending Jane's side from his fist to another part of the room effectively displacing the shadow armor Clover successfully dealt a considerable amount of damage to Jane.

"Kuh..guhh..." [Jane]

Jane was launched from Clover's single punch towards the wall which inevitable broke it and effectively created a large crater in the wall. She was coughing up a large amount of blood and a hollow indentation could be seen from where Clover punched Jane.

"Shadow... heal me." [Jane]

One Jane said that the shadow started working on healing Jane's interior and exterior. Clover's punch didn't just damage Jane exterior, Clover made sure to direct his punch exactly on the spot where her kidneys were, effectively rupturing them, also with the bonus effect of possibly rupturing her liver as well. Even if the exterior damage wasn't as bad as it was, the unseen effect of having received damage internally will eventually kill her.

Jane was skilled enough in combat to notice the interior damage Clover has done to here and took matters into her own hand.

"Now you know not to underestimate me." [Clover]

The current Jane couldn't move an inch. The damage dealt to Jane was more than it really looked, the adverse effects on mental health of the sudden damage dealt could be considerable to Jane.