Chapter 29: Red Lobby

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

They both slammed the storage room door open which created a very loud sound resulting in alerting everyone on the first floor, Jason and Clover split off in separate directions. Jason was going to the 3rd floor via exiting through a window and climbing into one of the rooms, while Clover was just going to raise some hell while saving his friends.

With the noise, yelling and confusion were heard in the distance.

"What was that?!"

"That came from the storage room! You three check it out!"

The three soldiers raced over to the source of the sound only to see a blur fly by them and their armor shredded into pieces.

"What?!"

All three of them were in shock as the blur raced around the hallway.

"Who are you?!"

One of the soldiers tried to communicate with the blur. What was a subject that they couldn't see was now standing in front of them was now concentrating his blood thirst upon the soldier in front of them.

"How could such a young boy create such concentrated bloodthirst??"

Clover ignored the soldiers' question and proceeded to jump to one of the armored men all slashed up and kick him through the wall to his right to the outside courtyard. The soldier lies there, knocked out with a blank expression. The other two soldiers prepared for battle as well.

"I'll move a little slower for you guys." [Clover]

Clover at the very beginning of the battle was moving so fast that the soldiers couldn't perceive his location at all. Clover decided to move at a pace that they could see to intimidate them more.

Clover after kicking the soldier punched the second one in the abdomen which made him gush blood from his mouth and nose. The punch sent him flying backward into the main gathering hall in front of the mansion. This, in turn, alerted the rest of the guards and the guard captain of the mansion.

"By gods?! This boy is a monster!! Full guard alert at once in the main hallway!"

The guard captain is heard yelling in the background to gather the rest of his guard from the other halls of the mansion to tackle on Clover. The third soldier ran from Clover to regroup with the rest of his comrades in the main hall.

The man who was punched by Clover was being taken away into a different room for medical treatment.

"Who are you! Dirtying the great Hindefreed's Mansion!"

The guard captain yells at Clover demanding an answer from him.

"All of you are scum guarding a man like him." [Clover]

"Ha! You think we don't know that! He pays well and that's all that matters!"

The guard captain responds to Clover in a confident manner filled with malice. Clover lowered his amount of bloodthirst to a tolerable level as he didn't want to scare away his entertainment for them to fight another day.

Clover grimaced while walking towards the group of guards who are most akin to knights now reaching the numbers of thirty fully armored knights in the main hall. In the middle of this tense situation, Clover still has a somewhat afterthought.

'Huh? This mansion really is big to have 30 fully armored knights in the main hall.' [Clover]

The knight captain looked over at clover with a disgusting look and ordered his knights into formation alpha which is to surround the enemy with spears to keep distance.