Chapter 21: New Gear

8th month of the Yumas Calender

In the morning of the next day, Clover awoke early as usual and finished if morning rituals. Clover decided now that he has the money to buy the things that he needed he would be going out today again to buy and to try out his new equipment in the forest. Clover let Auntie Alicia and priestess Renner know of his errands and then went about his morning exiting the orphanage.

"Lucy and Hazel should be fine here considering auntie and priestess Renner are here. Hmm... come to think of it, nothing really should happen considering today is the festival." [Clover]

Clover is sure of the safety of the two especially Hazel. He still has his concerns because The Gilford group shouldn't have noticed much, and even if they did, they shouldn't react so fast as the assassins they've previously sent hadn't reported. If they were smart they would take time to assess the situation and think about what course of action they should take next to mitigate any possible consequences.

After Clover stepped out of the orphanage and walked into the street leading towards the forest he is greeted by his two informants.

"Lavris. Jason. Have you come for a beating?" [Clover]

"No! Not in the slightest boss!" [Jason & Lavris]

"I thought I told you that we would only communicate through a letter? People who know me would feel uneasy if they saw me talking to people looking like you two." [Clover]

"I know boss, but we had to report this in person it is important." [Jason]

Clover crosses his arms with a sigh and nods his head in agreement. He wonders what could be so important to not listen to the standards he has set for the two to come here in person and report. Clover concludes it must be something important.

"Ok, follow me from a distance, we will talk when we get to the forest. It'll be safer and more private there." [Clover]

"Yes, Sir!" [Lavris & Jason]

Since it was in the morning the streets of Belcroft were not as busy as prime time lineup, but it was good enough for Lavris and Jason to blend into the crowd as to no arouse anyone. Clover proceeded to walk down the street to the marketplace. His current destination was Ironlite to purchase the Mithril Dagger he was looking at previous and some travel essentials.

Clover needed a bag for convenience if he were to travel with over people, he didn't want to show many people that he had developed a sort of storage magic if it was or wasn't in this worlds magical universe. He also wanted to buy some light armor to wear, he realized it would be a little weird for a 12-year-old boy to be frolicking around in forest without some kind of travel essential let alone decent protection. He then realized after that it would be weird in of itself to see a 12-year-old boy in the forest alone.

Clover didn't want to think about that right now so he made up the excuse that he will deal with it if the situation arises. As of right now, he is going to buy his equipment at Ironlite.

On the way he spots the usual vendors such as the flower store he visited with Lucy and Hazel and other such stores, now he has made it to Ironlite.

"Hm, I wonder if Lavris and Jason want anything." [Clover]

Clover silently thought to himself as he walked into the store and is greeted by Clarent.

"Hey Clover! You have tons of money now, I'm guessing you're here to buy stuff?" [Clarent]

"Wow, what amazing deduction skills you have Clarent." [Clover]

Clover snickered at Clarent while Clarent snickered back at Clover, they were in mutual snickering at each other's retorts. This was definitely a good employee, customer relationship.