Chapter 36: Words of Parting (4)

9th month of the Yumas Calender

*Four Days later*

Four days have passed, and Hazel's training has progressed considerably. Priestess Renner and priestess Alicia on the second day decided to oversee Hazel's training, to see if what she was doing was adamantly productive to her abilities. At first, they were extremely surprised about Hazel's newfound shadow power which looked to be heretical. But they didn't view it like that at all.

Alicia and Renner after observing the training decided to take shifts in also overseeing Hazel's new training as she was female and Clover always overseeing her training may lead to issues in the long run.

"We will alternate shifts in training Hazel, it may not look like it but we were both very experienced adventurers." [Renner]

Of course, Clover already knew that because he overheard it beforehand and what else would explain their monstrous strength in strangling Clover.

Alicia, Renner, and the rest of the orphanage were made aware that Clover was leaving within a week. Some of the kids took it hard and stayed enclosed in their room, but Lucy was able to make them feel better and come out. Though the majority of them understood that Clover needed to leave eventually for him to take his own way in life.

Knowing that he now has more free time, he decided to prep for his journey during the remaining days he had starting on the second day.

In present time, the new head of the Belcroft Gilford branch decided to visit Ironlite personally to talk to Alicia, Renner and the other older staff members of the now 'non-existent' orphanage. Clover happens to also be a participant in the talk.

"Ahem! As you can probably predict, I'm the new head of the Gilford group in Belcroft Trade City." [Montmorency]

"Yes. I understand that." [Alicia]

"With that in mind, I am the wealthiest man in this city now right?" [Montmorency]

"Correct, get on with it." [Renner]

Though Montmorency now assumed the unoccupied head of the Gilford group, he was still himself and awkward about actual discussion talks. He also still sucks at getting his point across concisely. Honestly, him still being himself made Clover a lot more calm as to why he came here personally.

"As the head of the Gilford Group, as thanks from my family, I have recognized Clover as the unsung hero of Belcroft. Though this is a secret among the higher-ups of government administration and not made public, with my power I've done what I can." [Montmorency]

"That makes sense, thanks for that I guess?" [Clover]

Clover was used to being called a hero. He wasn't snobby or anything about the title, Clover was just constantly called this in his previous life that he was completely numbed to the word as if it never existed.

Chef Jeffrey and the other staff, on the other hand, were ecstatic at the fact that one of their own was recognized. Jeffrey wrapped his arm around Clover as said, "It's because of my food that you grew strong" in a hearty and proud voice. Small proud praises towards Clover also rang about the other staff members.

"Ahem!" [Montmorency]

Montmorency wasn't done with talking. After all the attention gathered onto Montmorency, once again, he got nervous.

"Um... I have another thing to tell you guys. With the full workforce of the Gilford group and upper echelon administration support of Belcroft, we have completely destroyed and rebuilt the foundation of the Hindefreed manor. Though not owned by him anymore..." [Montmorency]